Sewer hose storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clintchism

I would like any suggestions on where to store a 10 foot heavy duty sewer hose, it won't fit in the short storage area that my mh has. It is a 2006 Gulf Stream BT cruiser 29 ft. I don't really want to store it in a plastic bag in a compartment. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
clint

Sure!  Many people have the same problem and have added supplemental hose storage on the outside of their rigs.  I installed a 4" section of PVC pipe onto the top of my rear bumper.  That's where I store my 20' section of hose.  (The 10' section goes IN the bumper).  I have also seen rigs that have the PVC storage mounted under the rigs.  Just mount the PVC across the frame members.  Screw caps make them very easy to use.  Finally, some folks use 4" square plastic fence posts for the storage.  Good luck.

I have both 4" and 6" pvc pipes bolted up under my rig... The 4" holds either hoses only or antennas and hardware, the six inch will hold the hose WITH adapters attached  I did not want to take the adapters off every time I stored the hose.

I also added drain outlets to the bottom of the pipes (basically I drilled 2 holes in each pipe and chemically welded (Standard PVC pipe glue) an elbow into the hole pointed back. Works good and the drain if the hose goes in wet.

(or more likely the antenna hardware goes in wet)

Turns out there were holes already drilled in the MH frame that were just perfect for the job

Great information, thanks all, John in Detroit, what did you use to attache the tube to your mh frame? strap or bolt through the tubing?
thanks again,
clint

clintchism said:
Great information, thanks all, John in Detroit, what did you use to attache the tube to your mh frame? strap or bolt through the tubing?
thanks again,
clint

I used a bolt through an existing hole in the frame,  I used a LARGE washer inside the pipe, through a hole I drilled in the pipe and up through the existing hole in the frame for the 4" pipe.  The drain holes are directly below which allows for an extension and socket wrench to be used.

On the six inch pipe I had to fabricate clamps.  Basically an "L" bracket (Corner brace) that clamps using a simular arringment (the holes did not line up and I did not feel like drilling the frame)

John in Detroit, excellent idea for the L bracket. I will look under my mh this weekend and see if i can find a place to attach it. You have been so helpful with your idea. Thanks much
clint

You might also consider getting a Rhino sewer hose, it collapses back to about 3 feel long. Mine easily fits in my sewer compartment.

Woody

Standard pipe strap works well for attaching the PVC hose holders.  As the name implies, it is designed for strapping pipe onto other things.  Pipe strap is a strip of flexible metal about on inch wide, with holes every 1/4 inch or so. It's available in hardware stores or wherever plumbing supplies are sold.

clintchism said:
John in Detroit, excellent idea for the L bracket. I will look under my mh this weekend and see if i can find a place to attach it. You have been so helpful with your idea. Thanks much
clint

THe way I used the "L" bracket was to have it line up with the pre-drilled hole, then it follows along above the main beam (Frame member, a "U" channel on it's side) and then out over the pipe where it's bolted to the pipe

Thus the "U" of the frame (actually more a "[" is sandwitched between the bracket and the pipe,  2 bolts though one leg of the "L" into the pipe  and one though the other leg into the frame

In my case the pipe is also braced against forward/backward movement by the 4" pipe and another part of the frame If not for that I'd have used pipe strap as well

:D Thanks to all who responded. I will examine the underneath this weekend and see what i can find to attache to. the metal strap and other recommendations will work just fine. Thank you all so much.
Clint

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom