sewer pipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eaallen2286

This may sound strange but here goes. I travel by my self and have a hard time turning the sewer pipe onto the rv connection and turning to get it off. I'm older and don't have the hand strength to do the job. Any ideas...have lookedd for a wide mouth wrench but no luck finding one big enough?
EA

Camco has a tool :Link to tool
Or, Like a recent adventure, new neighbor asked me for help to connect his slinky. Glad too help and found out he was also a LSU grad. We spent the next 4 days solving the world problems (spirits may have been involved in the real serious discussions)

All you'll ever need, absolutely no lie!

This may sound strange but here goes. I travel by my self and have a hard time turning the sewer pipe onto the rv connection and turning to get it off. I'm older and don't have the hand strength to do the job. Any ideas...have lookedd for a wide mouth wrench but no luck finding one big enough?
EA
know how you feel. I have a connection that is also difficult to turn, as my hands don’t have the strength they used to. I put a little vaseline on the connection, careful to keep off my hands. I know there are not always others around to assist.

I second the Camco tools. They also make a tool for removing sewer plugs that have been screwed in crooked.

As already mentioned, use a little Vaseline or Plumbers grease on the seals of the sewer hose gaskets. Makes removal/installation easier, plus helps keep the gasket lubricated to prevent drying out and causing a leak.

EA
Thanks for all the good ideas...going to Camco now.
E

I would suggest a better answer would be a strap wrench as it will fit many different fittings.
shopping

I Have an even better suggestion.. Oil filter pliers.

This is the harbor freight option

You can get them most anywhere. Autozone. Discount auto. O'Rillys.. Horrible Feeight, Amazon

The things fit the hose coupling perfectly Unlike the Camco which I found impossible to use. Or strap wrenches which are hard to use. This clamps on and holds well work great. Even if it's a class A with enclosed tanks and hard to get a hand in position to twist.

If you are near flint MI I'll give you one.

EA
Try an oil filter wrench

All you'll ever need, absolutely no lie!

Harbor Freight carries one like that.
61477_I.jpg

Back
Top Bottom