Shakedown Cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KodiakRV

Well, after a month of chomping at the bit, we took our new MH out for an 8-day trip.? It was our first real shakedown cruise, since we weren't counting a quick 3-night outing closeby last month.

We drove 250 miles from east-central Florida up to Jekyll Island, Georgia, and stayed 4 nights.? Then we drove back down to The Great Outdoors Resort in Titusville, Florida, and spent another 4 nights followed by a brief drive home.

The MH (2006 Gulfstream Ultra Super-C) did great -- we really like it.? The only thing I would do to it at this point might be to change from the stock shock adsorbers to Bilstein shocks.? The list of things we will eventually have the dealer look at is small --
  • Can't fill the fresh water tank using the bypass valve when on shore water.
  • A broken cabinet latch.
  • A missing cabinet door support plunger.
  • A crack in the screen door's sliding handle cover.
  • Very slow fresh water tank dumping drain.? (I think the hose is pinched.)

We really enjoyed Jekyll Island.? The weather was cool and a refreshing break for us.?

We decided TGO was too much like home and too close to home for us to feel like we were "away."? I can see where it would be a good place for RVers from up north to spend the winter, though.

Congratulations on the successful shakedown cruise. The list of issues you have is very minor and many of us would wish we'd had a list like that.

>>Very slow fresh water tank dumping drain.? (I think the hose is pinched.)<<

Doubt if that is the problem...Most run slow when gravity draining, turn on your water pump to speed it up if you are in a hurry.

Terry A. Brewer said:
>>Very slow fresh water tank dumping drain.? (I think the hose is pinched.)<<

Doubt if that is the problem...Most run slow when gravity draining, turn on your water pump to speed it up if you are in a hurry.

This is a short piece of hose that makes a 90-degree bend between some hard lines.  (One hard line from the tank and the other to the dump valve.)  It looks like they cut the hose about a half-inch too long for the fixed end points it was joining and it is kinda forced into a flat cross-section in the middle of the bend.  I think if it was a little shorter, it would bend more naturally.

I think the dump path from the tank to the dump valve is not in the pressurized loop affected by the water pump, but I'll try your suggestion next time I'm able.  Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom