Shore power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fcranger

Is it a good idea or bad idea  to keep my Winnebago plugged into shore power for long periods when I'm  not using it,,  I have a small heater in there when it gets real cold outside. :-\

Keeping power to the RV will keep the batteries charged, the refrigerator cold if you leave it on, and the heater will keep your pipes from freezing if you leave the cabinets open.  If it gets below freezing for any length of time, you will want to winterize the plumbing and not trust to the heater to keep things from freezing up.

I agree with NED.  I keep mine plugged in with the heater set to 55 degrees.  The LP sensor will kill your battery in about 2 weeks.

Good luck.

PS:  Thanks for the idea of keeping the cupboards open, Ned.

New to this winterizing thing...hadn't thought of the plugged in during the winter thing. I live in the Boston area so am a bit scared of the winter and my new to me RV. So if I winterized everything, kept it plugged in, and a small heater going...I'd be in pretty good shape?
thanks,
Zach

There are several advantages to keeping it a bit warmer inside than out during the winter.  As someone said, clear the water out, and winterize as you should because.... POWER CAN FAIL and this usually happens in the worst of weather

If you keep it plugged in monitor your  batteries.  With the Intella Power converter in my rig they do not often require attention, but monitor them anyway

Back
Top Bottom