should I upgrade from Android 2.3 to 4.1 or higher?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would strongly suggest you take the upgrade.  Android 4.1 is Jelly Bean and is much easier to use and makes better use of the battery than 2.3, Gingerbread.  Which phone do you have?

I upgraded my Droid Bionic to Ice Cream Sandwich(4.0.4).  The thing I notice the most is that switching from 4G to 3G and back goes much easier, and the 4G is a lot more stable that with Gingerbread(2.3.4).

Here are a couple of links about Droids:  http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/22/when-is-my-android-phone-getting-ice-cream-sandwich-verizon/

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/09/14/when-is-my-android-phone-getting-jelly-bean-verizon/

Paul

I see you skipped the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update last month as well.  You may have to get that one first, then the update to 4.1.  It depends on how Samsung handles their updates.  Motorola requires they be done in order.  I wouldn't delay, you'll enjoy the improvements.

Whatever you do, make sure you don't "get" the update when you are near the Canada or Mexico border where you might unexpectedly hit an out of US tower. The upgrade costs over $100 in roaming charges, doesn't install properly, and the phone won't work properly until it latches onto a US tower again and reloads the entire upgrade. Then, Verizon will argue that the times the phone attempted to upload the program, every 24 hours for three attempts, was you using the data. Thus, you get 3 additional multiple hour download attempts at roaming rates which requires at least 3 hours with multiple customer dis-service agents before one of them finally notices that the "data uses" were exactly, to the minute, the same length and started at exactly the same time every day for three days. After this your bill can be corrected and they will ask if there is anything else they can do for you.

Go ahead, ask me how I know this.......

Ken

Back
Top Bottom