Shower Base

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudshark

Hello Dudes & Dudettes
Here is the latest in the continuing saga of the 20 year old Fleetwood Bounder. We have what I believe is a fiberglass shower enclosure. The way the coach has been sitting for the last 5 months here in southern Arizona we have had water sitting in one particular section of the base after showers. Never thought much of it as fiberglass is pretty impervious to water. My wife was cleaning the shower in preparation to our leaving on Sunday morning. She noticed the top something is peeling from being covered with water for the past months.

This is not delamination. The fiberglass seems fine. It is almost like a coating of some sort. I don't see any evidence of something being sprayed on as an aftermarket thing but it acts that way. We have resorted to pushing the water away after showers and drying the area with a towel. I also releveled the coach to move the water away from that area. Anyone know what is going on here? Any idea how to fix it?

No, this is like a coating on the shower base. It is as if the manufacturer sprayed something like a non-slip compound that is being lifted by long time water immersion. I just want to know if there is any product that I can cover it with that won't look like hell.

Could it be a Gel Coating coming apart?  Anyway you stack it, you have a 19 year old shower pan.  Paint or coating will only wear off in short time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom