Shower drain....help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mellg

Thanks for the help in my other posts.  Hope we are not being a pain.  Spent all day trying to fix a drain problem.  Here is the issue.  When we turn on bathroom faucet the water eventually backs up in shower. Some yucky and smelly water comes up in the shower?  We have tried baking soda, using a snake on all drains and even running and spraying with  a hose.  The kitchen sink drains fine.  The toliet drains fine.  Just a strange issue with shower draining and bathroom sink.  The pipes seem clear.  It is driving us crazy.  When the shower fills up with water it seems to help when we release grey water tank for it to drain if that means anything?  Any ideas??

My coach has 2 vent pipes; one on each side of roof.... Have you checked them? May be a venting problem.
Good luck!

Dan

SeilerBird said:
It sounds like your grey tank is full. Don't trust the monitor panel. Drain the grey water tank completely.

Second... Filled my gray tank yesterday.. On my coach however it does nto back up into the shower, I have 3 tanks, Black, (not yet full) Gray) Filled, so I dumped both of them) and "Wash" includes shower and rear bathroom lavs only, no kitchen.

It sounds like the sink drain marries the shower drain before they both dump into the grey tank. Toilet goes to separate tank, and the kitchen sink must have its own path to the grey tank. I would assume that it's probably caused by a clump of soap and hair from the shower. I'd try the snake again, starting from the shower drain. Do you have one of those auger types, that you can spin around in there and push the clog through.

Mylo

When my grey tank is full the next lowest point to fill is the shower and it will fill up when the grey tank is at maximum capacity. I know this because this winter when my grey tank froze and it got overfilled, the shower ended up with the excess water....as soon as I emptied the grey tank, problem was solved.

But I would also check your vents and make sure they are clear...

Good Luck!

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom