Shower glass broke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MI.MARK

After being on the road a few hours we stopped for a potty break. Imagine the surprise when we discovered one section of the shower door in a million pieces on the floor. The door was locked in the travel position before leaving so we have no idea how it happened. Any thoughts?
Also is it possible to replace one section or just the whole door?

Tempered glass is heat and impact sensitive. It could have been a combination of sun shining through the overhead skylight and a "just right" impact.
It can be replaced, however most glass shops must order it cut to size then heat-treated. Time to let your fingers do the walking.

I will say this.. There are different types of glass. One of them, I think it is Herculite. when it shatters instead of the classic sharp edges it honeycombs. This is the glass used for basketball backboards and I believe it's made by Pittsburg plate and glass PPG.

That is about all I can say about it.

Let me add a few things. The glass is some kind of bonded sheet of chips of varying size. There are 3 panels that slide in upper and lower tracks. Strange th

Let me add a few things. The glass is some kind of bonded sheet of chips of varying size. There are 3 panels that slide in upper and lower tracks. Strange that only the one panel shattered.

Back
Top Bottom