Shower Plumbing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amykins753

Hello! I’m working on renovating a 1987 travel trailer. The original shower head ran off the bathroom sink faucet. It is very old and grody so it must be replaced. Problem is I’m having a hard time finding the same type of faucet/shower head so I was thinking of just running some pipes from under the sink to create a new shower line. I have no experience with plumbing and I’m wondering how I might be able to do so? Below is the picture of the old icky faucet I’m talking about. Is there a way to basically splice the sink pipes to run water to a new shower faucet?

Attachments

• ABFA68AE-0873-4C5C-B52C-AD035006582C.jpeg
    ABFA68AE-0873-4C5C-B52C-AD035006582C.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 8
1987? Hmm, check to see what kind of tubing is feeding your fixture. If you're lucky it's PEX, which is a very common plastic tubing used for residential and RV plumbing. There are a few different kinds of crimp and tool-less fittings you can use, so it comes down to picking the fittings/tooling you decide to use, then have at it. It will take you 8 trips to the store no matter which one you pick.

Edit: Your "icky" fixture is still produced, I bought one just like it a couple years ago to replace my broken icky one. Hard to beat the price.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I hit a bunch with a google search.

Here is a representative sample in brushed metal but there are plastic ones too.

Awesome thanks so much! I had no idea what they were called I was trying to type in bathroom faucet with shower head and just kept getting sets… 🤦🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom