Sightseer and fiesta lx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pete and leslie

I have been looking at a Winnebago Sightseer 30B for a few weeks, and today I went thru the Fleetwood Fiesta LX. Both units seem similar and have about the same MSRP. The Sightseer has the Ford Triton 6.8 V10 5 sp., and the Fleetwood has the Ford Workhorse 16/18 with the same Triton engine. Options are similar. This will be my first buy, and I am asking for any input about these units as to which would be a better buy. The LX has a payload of about 2400, and the Sightseer about 2100. The Sightseer has a 300watt solar-inverter, the LX does not. The LX is a foot longer at 32'. I am hoping for positive input to help with my question. Thanks, and its a pleasure to be on the site

rmax41

I recently looked both of them over as they appeared to meet our needs. A couple of
test drives convinced me that I preferred the Workhorse/Chevy over the Ford; more
low RPM torque. The downer was the 18000 GVW chassis. Really needs the W20 or
W22 Workhorse if you have much of a load, or in my situation, a 5000 lb trailer. We
decided a Bounder fit our needs better with the larger chassis. Just my thoughts.

Bob G

irvsiegel

pete and leslie said:
I have been looking at a Winnebago Sightseer 30B for a few weeks, and today I went thru the Fleetwood Fiesta LX. Both units seem similar and have about the same MSRP. The Sightseer has the Ford Triton 6.8 V10 5 sp., and the Fleetwood has the Ford Workhorse 16/18 with the same Triton engine. Options are similar. This will be my first buy, and I am asking for any input about these units as to which would be a better buy. The LX has a payload of about 2400, and the Sightseer about 2100. The Sightseer has a 300watt solar-inverter, the LX does not. The LX is a foot longer at 32'. I am hoping for positive input to help with my question. Thanks, and its a pleasure to be on the site

We just purchased a 2007 Fiesta LX 34N and we're very pleased with it.  It's 35' long and has the Workhorse chassis.  We bought it at Suncoast RV in Jacksonville, FL and I highly recommend them.  We got about a $23,000 discount from MSRP.  My wife liked the bathtub, which is the main reason that we selected that floorplan.  The Terra LX 34N is identical, except for the paint and interior.  All Fiesta models have their counterparts in Terra models.  Fleetwood dealers can sell one or the other, but not both.  So if you can find paint and interior colors that you like in both models, you'll have twice as many dealers to choose from.

NWRVer

Late last spring I was looking at a Fiesta 32' and the comperable Winne Sightseer.  We went for the Fiesta as the dealer had it on sale ~$22k off MSRP due to some special they had with Fleetwood.  If it wasn't for the price we were having a though decision.  For us they both were basicly the same.  The storage compartment doors on the Winne were vertical lifts (bus type) and the Fiesta has standard top hinged doors.  However the storage area seemed the same. I liked the Winne's bus type better.  The Winne had the Chevy engine and the Fiesta had a Ford V10.  I prefered the V10.  Both Drove nice, had similar layouts and features, and seemed similar build quality. 
Basicly it came down to price.  We are very happy with our Fiesta.  It has worked well for us.
Good luck with your decision.

smokeater1

Might want to read the notes on the Sightseer from RV consumer group. They seemed to think driving the 30B could be a chore and only gave it a comfort rating of between 30 to 90 degrees. We almost traded our Minnie on a new 06 Sightseer, but decided against it. We will wait for a better quality used rig to come along.

Jack.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
smokeater1 said:
Might want to read the notes on the Sightseer from RV consumer group. They seemed to think driving the 30B could be a chore and only gave it a comfort rating of between 30 to 90 degrees. We almost traded our Minnie on a new 06 Sightseer, but decided against it. We will wait for a better quality used rig to come along.

Jack.

I sure wouldn't take what RVCG reports as gospel better to go check it out yourself and test drive it.  I'm pretty sure if you go look at you will have done more than RVCG did when they wrote the report. 

smokeater1

Well the RVCG was right about our Minnie.At least as far as the comfort rating goes. Much above 90-95 the a/c can not cool very well. And that is with all the ususal things done to help. Windows curtains, ect.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vern2day
Top Bottom