Simulators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tin man

I need advise on the simulators on our 2007 Journey.  The rear simulators come off no problem, but the front will not budge.  I am convinced they are just plain hubcaps, but I want to get your advise before i start to ruin them.

Cannot find anything in the manuals.

Thanks

Jim

a
AKA TinMan

Jim, these are the hubcaps on the front wheel of mine (22.5). Is that what you are talking about?

Attachments

• before polish front.jpg
    before polish front.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 61
Which lugs nuts are you trying to loosen?

Usually the two that are removed to remove the wheel cover have small dimples on the side. they are also across the hub from each other.

The lugs with dimples are actually just chrome covers over the actual lug nuts holding the wheel cover on.  The rest of what look like lug nuts are just part of the cover itself and won't turn.

well who ever put on the lugs was a gorilla.  I cannot remove the nuts, the tool handle is bending, and the nuts are also deforming. Any ideas?

Jim

when I went to Gaffney for service earlier this year, I had them weigh and set my tire pressure. They had to remove and replace the simulators. They tightened them so tight I could not loosen them with the supplied tool as I bent it as you have experienced. I checked them before I left Gaffney and they came to the coach with a socket and loosened them so I could then remove and replace them with the supplied wrench.
You may need to get a socket as someone has probably over-tightened the two dimpled nuts you need to loosen.

Good Luck,

If we're all talking about the wheel that Mavrick posted a picture of, that is an aluminum wheel, and the lugnut covers remove with a strong grip and a little wiggle to expose the truck nuts under them. After that if they were installed with a commercial impact it's a good bet thats whats required to remove them.

Tin man said:
I need advise on the simulators on our 2007 Journey.  The rear simulators come off no problem, but the front will not budge.  I am convinced they are just plain hubcaps, but I want to get your advise before i start to ruin them.

Cannot find anything in the manuals.

Thanks

Jim

a
AKA TinMan

my 2000 37 g simulators come off by removing two of the eight lug nuts on the simulator. the two that hold on the simulator have little dipple lines on them which the others dont. as stated they are opposite each other. as you noted the crappy tool that came with the coach does not cut it to remove them. i keep a large adjustable wrench in the mh for removing these nuts. good luck

When I got new tires, they used the supplied wrench to remove the chrome nuts that hold the simulators on.  They then removed the simulator  to expose the lug nuts.

With the hurricane not on the top of my list, but I'll probably have to replace the lug nuts if I use a wrench they are already caving in. Cheep tin.

Moved the MH lost the tarp covering the shed, some damage to the shed but we still have power and no damage.  The irony of it all my daughter who lives in Jersey moved in withe the grandchildren because they have no power.  We live a 1/2 mile from the Great South Bay and high and dry.  Cannot say that for the people about a 1/4 mile south. 

Cannot describe what what the damage is like, but Breezy Point looks like Dresdin.  Moriches looks like New Orleans. Long Beach like a Hugh sand box. 

The gas stations have already started to gouge price went up .20c a gal over night. Reg $4.00 a gal diesel $4.30 gal. 

The sun is out and we are all safe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom