Sink fauncet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChefAllyn

Pop up Camper we bought didn't come with a faucet.
1992 americana sequoia by coleman/Fleetwood?

Anyone know what kind of faucet should go in there?

Attachments

• 16249131413156027568581155525603.jpg
    16249131413156027568581155525603.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 3
Often pop-ups don't have a pressurized water system with an electric pump. The faucet is also a hand pump that sucks water from the tank for the faucet. But that sink has two mount holes, which implies it has hot & cold water and therefore a water heater and pumping system? Is it equipped like that? Or maybe a new 2-hole sink was installed even though the trailer isn't designed for it?

You can barely see the faucet in the photos of this ad:

Don't know if this manual would be helpful - it's $18

Often pop-ups don't have a pressurized water system with an electric pump. The faucet is also a hand pump that sucks water from the tank for the faucet. But that sink has two mount holes, which implies it has hot & cold water and therefore a water heater and pumping system? Is it equipped like that? Or maybe a new 2-hole sink was installed even though the trailer isn't designed for it?

You can barely see the faucet in the photos of this ad:

Don't know if this manual would be helpful - it's $18
Found my hit water tank. Of course it's not hooked up at all. Why would it be. Previous owners said they never used the sink or ever had water hooked up to trailer.

As someone said you may need to add a water pump for a standard faucet to work but with those two holes all you need do is measure the spacing and either as standard bathroom or kitchen faucet will fit. odds are the Kitchen one.
Oh you can get the cheaply built and over priced RV ones but... they are the same size.. Except for the price tag.

Where would someone find a new faucet? I've searched Amazon, camping world, and etrailer.
They all have faucets, plus you can use anything you like from Home Depot, Lowes or a plumbing shop. If it's not the hand-pump type, it's just a standard hot & cold faucet. Just measure the sink hole spacing and buy a suitable size.

What water lines are under the sink? In a 1992 they are probably polybutylene rather than pex, but compression fittings for poly are available wherever plumbing parts are sold. Flair-It and Qest brands work well enough. Or Shark-Bite and similar push-fit fittings

You’ll need the make sure the faucet is low enough to clear whatever slides over it or drops down on it. A folding faucet is a good option but will take a bit of adapting.

Found my hit water tank. Of course it's not hooked up at all.
If this were mine, the first thing that I would do is to examine the plumbing, starting at the fresh water tank. For the water system to work there needs to be a pump near the outlet of the water tank, and from it would be a water line that should branch off to supply the inlet side of the water heater and the other side go to the cold water side of the faucet set for the sink that you pictured. If your popup has a toilet there would also be a water line to it. From the water heater outlet, near the top of the water heater would be a line to supply the hot water side of the faucet set. There should also be a fresh water fill connection on the outside of the RV and possibly a connection to connect a water hose. In order to use the sink with both hot and cold water you will need all of those parts.

If this were mine, the first thing that I would do is to examine the plumbing, starting at the fresh water tank. For the water system to work there needs to be a pump near the outlet of the water tank, and from it would be a water line that should branch off to supply the inlet side of the water heater and the other side go to the cold water side of the faucet set for the sink that you pictured. If your popup has a toilet there would also be a water line to it. From the water heater outlet, near the top of the water heater would be a line to supply the hot water side of the faucet set. There should also be a fresh water fill connection on the outside of the RV and possibly a connection to connect a water hose. In order to use the sink with both hot and cold water you will need all of those parts.
I have found all of these hoses. Now are they in good condition? Not sure. It was late and I had just wheeled myself under the popup when 4 year old thought it would be fun to jump ontop of me. All I was able to do was visually see the tank and some copper lines. Under the seats on the inside i saw the water lines running to the pump, heater, and sink. Nothing is hooked up at all tho and I'm not even sure the pump has power. Project for this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom