Six-Pac COG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rotordrvr

I'm considering purchasing a 2008 Six-Pac D650, the one with the extended cab-over bed and fridge next to the bed, forward of the base bulkhead. My dilemma is that I want to put it on my 2014 F150 crew (double) cab ultra short (5.5') bed truck. The F150 is outfitted with the tow/haul heavy duty package that increases the cargo weight to nearly 1600#, but I need a COG of 22" to no more than 26" to keep it at/near the rear axle. This information seems to be non -existent on the owner's manuals and brochures that are available on the web for the D650 and I am waiting for a call back from FWC, the folks who took over Six-Pac.
Does anybody out there have this information? Perhaps someone who has or once had a Six-Pac D650?
I understand that the Lance 650 is nearly a carbon copy of the Six-Pac D650. Does anyone know if their specs are similar?

You cant put that on a extra short box 1/2 ton there is no way a 2014 extra short box has a cargo capacity of 1600lbs and its 13 inches too long for the box
What does the yellow decal say drivers side door jam mine is below

Attachments

• 20210307_112007.jpg
    20210307_112007.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 1
My decal says 1551 lbs, ( I have the extra heavy duty tow/haul option) but after talking with the people at FWC who have the archived data on the Six-Pac campers, I have decided not to try that camper on my truck. The issue isn't one of length or even COG (which falls about 1 inch behind the axle), but the weight. they say the D650 weighs in empty at 1800 lbs and would be over 2000 lbs loaded with gear, food, water, etc. They say I would be very unhappy with the handling characteristics of a truck overloaded by 500 lbs especially with the higher COG a camper adds. I've never had a camper before - always used travel trailers - so I'm going with the advice of the people who make them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom