sizing a wdh when you dont own the trailer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rbTN

I've searched and not found exactly what I'm looking for yet. If I missed I apologize.

I am buying a tt that gvwr is 9680 so I'm trying to figure out what wt rating I need. Since I don't own it I can't get an actual wt, and even if I did it would be empty. If I don't run fully loaded it looks like I can get the 1000/10000, if I'm closer to full load I'd need the 1200/12000. The part that throws me off is the unloaded wt of the tt is 7600 so I would be way under the 1200 lb on the way home from the dealer and if I don't load much into it.

The dealer says the 1000/10000 is good, but he may be trying to keep his cost down since a wdh was included in the sale but did not specify what wt.

How critical is the hitch wt to capacity going to be, will it ride rough if I don'e have enough wt on the hitch?

thank you all for having such a great resource

Max your trailer should ever weigh is 9600#.  You will be fine and happy with 1000/10000.  I have a Reese Trunion type, separate sway control.  Works fine, little footprint under hitch.  If I had a redo, I would spring for the equilizer wdh hitch. 

It's not that critical and the actual amount of weight distributed is adjusted by putting more or less tension on the spring bars. A little extra is no worry, so go with the 1000 lb bars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natalihu
Back
Top Bottom