Skip the Redwoods with fires?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donandlin

We’re planning on going to see the Redwoods but wonder if we should postpone it due to the fires. Going to the Tetons this week but then should we stay east of the Rockies? Thanks!

We’re planning on going to see the Redwoods but wonder if we should postpone it due to the fires. Going to the Tetons this week but then should we stay east of the Rockies? Thanks!
Go, have fun and be aware, I think.

Here’s a site of interest. Type in a state or select a fire name.

The sunrise has been red with smoke lately.

For the most part, the Tetons are downwind of the forest fires and the Redwoods are upwind. The upwind side gets my vote.

Last year, I vacationed mostly on the Calif coast to get away from the oppressive heat and smoke.

According to the fire map that richclover referenced it doesn't seem to be anything in the area of the Redwoods to bother you. Of course that could change in the next ten minuets.

And as far as the Tetons I just read an article a few hours ago about the chaos from the crowds there. Can't find it now.

Good luck where ever you go.

Go dont worry about it things change hourly, we were through grand canyon a few years road was closed one day due to fires open the next

Had a great time in the Tetons and Yellowstone and are heading to the Redwoods. A few days were very hazy with smoke but very well worth the travel!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom