SKP Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B

bjohn

??? Is it a good idea to buy a membership to Escapees?  I have a Good Sam and like someone else said all you get from them is a bunch of junk mail.  Appreciate your input.

Hi Bettyj,

Escapees does not send junk mail. Is it worth it to join? Only you could answer that for sure. We belong and don't do much with them but they do cater to the serious RVer. You might want to take a look at their website http://www.escapees.com/. They do have some very nice services and there are many members who belong. It's a much better organization than Good Sam.

I have looked at their website very thoroughly.  I wanted some input from people that have memberships.  It looks good to me.  The services sound great.  One could probably get the membership back very quickly. 

For the fulltimer, or even the halftimer, the Escapees have a number of support services.  These include, most important in my mind, a large first class mail forwarding service.  We have our own presort zip code (77399) just for the service.

We also have a series of campgrounds, some Escapee owned (Rainbow and ERPU parks), some member owned (coop parks).

There are a lot of other valuable things available from the web site, and the friends you make are also very important.  If there were only one RV organization I could join, it would be Escapees.  FMCA would be second, and Good Sam a distant last.

The Escapees are the only club/association we belong to. We've been members for 11 years now. In fact, we're life members. They have a very good magazine and publish a good directory of campgrounds where you can get 15% discount as a member.

It's the best RV Club you can join--in our opinion.

Chet18013

bjohn said:
??? Is it a good idea to buy a membership to Escapees?? I have a Good Sam and like someone else said all you get from them is a bunch of junk mail.? Appreciate your input.

By all means Escapees is a excellent organization that supports the RVer.  I would suggest dropping Good Sam unless you are already lifetime members.
Organizations I recommend are:

ESCAPEES
FMCA if you have a motorhome
Passport America

I do NOT recommend:

Good Sam
Membership campgrounds of any kind

Escapees has been great for us. Have used three of their parks this winter, very friendly and socialable members. have been worth many times the dues .

Betty,

I whole hardily agree with all the others. An additional benefit, in the back of their campground directory there is a list by state of other Escapees that have RV parking at their homes. The people that list their names there are extending an invitation to stop by. A great bunch of people.

I want to thank you all for the input.  I signed up this morning. :)

They talked me into it too.  Signed up yesterday. 

JIm and Ned are a pair of slick-tongued devils, aren't they.  ;D

We have been fulltime and residents of Livingston, TX for six years now and could not be happier with the support of Escapees RV Club. They are the best of the best!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandlers
Back
Top Bottom