slide adjustment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheryl

All of a sudden our slide is leaving marks on the wood floor in the galley.  Seems to go in and out with no problems and really makes no noise other than normal.  Can anyone tell me what is involved in adjusting the slide (our slide is on the port side and the galley and sofa are on it).  Any suggestions of a good location for service in the Tucson Az area.  We will be there in a week for about a week.
Thanks Cheryl

cheryl said:
Any suggestions of a good location for service in the Tucson Az area.

Cheryl,

Who is the manufacturer of your rig? There are lots of RV dealers/repair shops in Tucscon. Camping World is a generic type repair shop. However, you might be better off going to a dealer who carries your brand of rig. In any case, you should try to make reservations for the repair work as soon as possible. All repair shops are busy this time of the year and you may have to wait for an appointment. In what part of Tucson will you be staying?

Richard

All depends on the type of mechanism used on the slide out. Mine has obvious bolts for adjusting, but you really need to think about this and count the number of turns so you can always put it back to where it was. Sometimes best left to a dealer. You can get one of those plastic things used in an office to roll a chair on and cut it into 6" wide strips and allow the slideout to rub on this and not your floor.

Thanks, we have a national dolphin.  We had to leave the AZ area due to family medical emrgy so we find ourselves back in the Houston Tx area.  We will look around here and find a shop.  We will have to be in the area for at least a month.  Thanks for the infor.
Cheryl

NCHornet said:
You can get one of those plastic things used in an office to roll a chair on and cut it into 6" wide strips and allow the slideout to rub on this and not your floor.

Saw THESE "Slide Slickers" in the parts area of an RV dealer in South Sacramento in December. Price was around $36. if I recall.

Back
Top Bottom