Slide Glide Bushings..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCVJeff

I see this was covered years ago but can’t find anything recently..

I noticed tonight that the bottom nylon (or whatever it is) bushing on the main slide of our 2006 34H has a big piece missing from it, and I found it on top of the slide out bay. Years ago there was much discussion on another forum but the thread has been kind of hacked up over the years. Has anyone changed these themselves, and if so is this procedure documented anywhere (hopefully with pictures)?

pix attached
Thanks!!

Attachments

• C7916D7D-4EE9-48B8-8FF6-481E0B76544E.jpeg
    C7916D7D-4EE9-48B8-8FF6-481E0B76544E.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 18
  • B588CE5B-D822-4286-8DD2-4F766D887DA0.jpeg
    B588CE5B-D822-4286-8DD2-4F766D887DA0.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 18
Those are at end of life :whistle:. We have probably chatted about the glides but I don't remember any DIY write-up here. One of mine had a longitudinal crack but factory service thought they were fine for the time being. Probably should have had them replaced just because.

Well… Grrrr…. I guess i’ll go back over and wake that thread up and see who comes out if the woodwork? It appears to have been done, but all the pix were apparently lost when they migrated servers

On mine there were 2 wood screws that attached them to the floor. When I redid the carpet the screw heads were covered from the nylon sluffing off. You should be able to do them from inside with no real problem.

On mine there were 2 wood screws that attached them to the floor. When I redid the carpet the screw heads were covered from the nylon sluffing off. You should be able to do them from inside with no real problem.
These are the glide plates that rest inside of the square steel channel that the entire slide rests and slides on. All work is done externally under the slide. It doesn’t look like it will be allot of fun but I have seen some posts 9-10 years ago talking about it. I wonder why not since?

I had mine replaced at the HWH factory last summer. I took 2 men x 6hours for one slide and they new what they were doing. Its not as easy as it looks.

SOoooo anyway… its all done..
I emailed HWH and got a part# for the $35 kit to orde, which is a swingin’ deal. All the nylon pieces for the entire arm are in the box.. essentially two of everything. I suggest calling Lichtsinn and ordering through them or you will be waiting at least a month just for a callback to order the parts even though you already have the part number. Lichtsinn had them in the mail in 2 days.

Anyway I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 3Ton Long Ram jack that extends to almost 4’, and it is drilled with a 5/8” hole at the top of the ram that exactly fit a standard hitch pin that makes an incredibly strong hook. I could have used a floor jack and cut wood braces to jack the room up but this is 100% solid and theres no chance of anything slipping or jack-knifing and losing a hand when it slips. Once the load is on this jack its not going anywhere.. I highly recommend a single one piece jack over pieces of board on a smaller bottle to slip right when there are fingers between the inner and outer slide channels. Thats way too hillbilly for me.

On the 34H you can lift the storage door and hook straight onto the inner slide arm with the jack completely vertical on the ground and it picks the slide and room up without any effort at all. I only changed the outside pads and the job was so simple it was almost boring. And because i only changed what was broken there are lots of spares in the HWH kit. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom