slide motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olly72

The slide motor on my 2008 itasca 32 h stopped working. There are two power gear motors operating the full slide. The one on the rear slide stopped working. After releasing the gear lock I was UNABLE to manually turn the gear using a 3/4 inch wrench. I was able to manually open the slide by using a channel lock on the opposite side protruding out the back of the gear past the rolling spindle gear, the spindle gear turned opening the slide. I am on the road and all the mobile techs are tied up for weeks in Kansas. I am having trouble locating a replacement motor. The infor on the motor is PN 1010000037, Part number 15100007. S/N 070706104 or 94. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Russ

The slide motor on my 2008 itasca 32 h stopped working. There are two power gear motors operating the full slide. The one on the rear slide stopped working. After releasing the gear lock I was UNABLE to manually turn the gear using a 3/4 inch wrench. I was able to manually open the slide by using a channel lock on the opposite side protruding out the back of the gear past the rolling spindle gear, the spindle gear turned opening the slide. I am on the road and all the mobile techs are tied up for weeks in Kansas. I am having trouble locating a replacement motor. The infor on the motor is PN 1010000037, Part number 15100007. S/N 070706104 or 94. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Russ
Here you go :

Thanks all. Only had to go 500 miles out of my way to get to Forrest City. Wow thought I would have to wait in line. They don't do a first come first serve now they take your name and call you when they are ready. Parked the camper and started to go get something to eat, got a phone call. Brought camper to shop and a wonderful mechanic by the name of Jared came out. Explained to him the problem and also about a rearview camera not working. He took the RV and told us to come back at 3 pm. He met us at 3 pm and told us he replaced the slide out motor synched and adjusted the slide, it looked great. Then he told us he found another problem with slide. The plastic rib that goes along under the slide to lift it into position was loose and broken. He said he would try and fix it the next day but that it may be so difficult that we would have to schedule an appoinment , that may be weeks away, to get it fixed. I was very upset as we are on our way home to South Fl. We gave him the RV the next day and Prayed. They called us at 3 pm to pick it up. Jared met us with a smile. He used two air bag jacks to lift the slide up enough so he could replace the damaged rib, and to screw the entire rib down instead of using staples like originally done. He also replaced the broken camera. Folks this is supreme service at Forrest City, and renewed my faith in carrying workers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom