Slide movement noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

Sounds like something is popping when extending the main slide. This only happens when the slideout begins to move. On a related issue, when replacing the carpet in the motorhome, I've noticed about a 1/4 inch gap in the reveal on the left side of the leading edge. The right side sits flush with the floor. Could this be related? If so, is leveling the slideout floor a DIY project? The Pace has Power Gear Slideouts.

JudyJB

First, see if you can see under your slide from the inside to make sure something has not slid under it. Potential items such as a flat plastic lid or even a piece of leftover carpeting could be making the rollers jump over it. (There are different types of slide mechanisms, but that is how mine work. I can lay down flat on my side with a flashlight or use the new remote camera i bought to see if there is anything that slid under my slide.)

Not sure where the 1/4" gap you are describing is in relation to the slide, but can you get someone to watch it while you move the slide? In my motorhome, I can remove a kickplate under my kitchen cabinets or slightly open my jack-knife sofa to look underneath. If you can borrow one, one of those little remote cameras could let you see what is really happening before you start leveling anything.

Rob&Deryl

On my slides, there is a pretty stiff flap that seals from the outside. When I change direction, in or out, when the flap flips, there is a noise.

Top Bottom