Slide out Awning Bead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Often you can just slide it back in, working it slowly inch-by-inch. May be easier withe the awning rolled up (reduces tension on the bead). If that doesn't work, you have to take the topper down, pull the fabric & bead from the groove, re-insert the bead in the fabric tunnel and then re-install the fabric into the roller tube groove.

I've used a strap wrench to relieve the tension on the fabric while fed the bead back in. After reinserting it, I add a small flat head screw at each end to keep it there. I've also seen a good quality glue like Goop or Gorilla used to secure it.

Wrap a tye wrap around the roller at the end of the groove,, the bead won't come out and it's reversable if needed..>>>Dan

The steps to installing an RV slide-out awning are to measure the depth and width of a fully extended sliding out room. Buy the right size sliding awning kit. What you need to do is choose the design that best suits your RV. Always check the product you ordered before starting to install the RV slide. Check the number of holes in the awning kit and count the amount of hardware included. You can add holes on the left or right side of the center lanyard, applying sealant before securing the screws. Add rubber sealant to the holes before securing them with screws. Install awning pipes. Take the end cap extensions and connect them to the brackets without fixing them with screws. Carefully slide the awning tube into the awning rail. Secure the awning tube by tightening the shoulder screws on the end cap extensions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom