Slide-out current draw?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonTom

My new RV is far from being level so I cannot put out the slides to check. I recently installed a couple of Smartshunts. One for the 200 AHs with of stock lead acid batteries and another Smartshunt for the 300 AH lith house battery I added for my 2nd house system.

But I am curious what the normal 12.5 VDC current draw (in amps) is when putting out and in an average size slide-out. Anybody here ever check for such?

-Don- Reno, NV

xrated

I don't know if this info will help you or answer your question or not, but I'll give it a go. I have a Grand Design Momentum with the LCI hydraulic 6 point leveling and it is the same hydraulic system for the tow main slides in the living/kitchen area. When that motor is running the hydraulic pump for those systems, my clamp on ammeter is showing just under 70 amps. Obviously, current rates will vary depending on whether a unit is hydraulically operated like mine, vs. a rack and pinion motor driven slide..vs. a Schwintek slide.....and also the size/weight of the slide being moved.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rideaway
Top Bottom