Slide out emergency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rozeline

My slide out is broken and I need to be out by tomorrow. I've disengaged the motors on the slide, but when I push it, it won't budge. Is it the weight or maybe something I'm not thinking of?

Nobody here can help you with this without more information.
  • Coach year, make, and model
  • Slide manufacturer
  • Type of mechanism - electro-mechanical or hydraulic
  • Exactly what have you disengaged
We’re not mind readers…😏

2012 evergreen everlite 35rbs
I followed this video:

At this point, it should just be a matter of pushing it in

What does “broken” mean? WHAT is broken?
  • Are you on level ground?
  • Are you up on the jacks or on the chassis suspension?
If the slide wont go in, it may be in a slight bind. If that’s a possibility, carefully move the RV to a level spot and try again.

My slide out is broken and I need to be out by tomorrow. I've disengaged the motors on the slide, but when I push it, it won't budge. Is it the weight or maybe something I'm not thinking of?
Do you have the original manuals inside your RV as you should have? My new RV has a booklet for the slideouts and explains what to do when the button isn't working to bring the slides back in.

But it probably won't apply to yours.

-Don- Reno, NV

That will not work in my new motorhome. If the slides are out, the engine cannot be started.
That is one of the many reasons why I will never purchase a “new” motor home. I don’t want or need that kind of “helpful” technology.

Make sure nothing is stuck in the track or blocking rollers. Don't know how your slide is constructed, but things do roll under slides if people are not careful, and there may be something physical blocking the mechanism from allowing it to go back in.

When you say you have disconnected the motor, have you both on the slide. We were told that you had to undo a securing screw and disconnect the gearbox, push in the slide then reattach the gearbox to lock the slide.
We have an evergreen ecolite here in the UK.

When our slide was stuck “out”, my manual said it could be cranked in manually. When I put a socket and wrench on the manual post, it wouldn’t budge, for love nor money. We eventually found a disconnected wire and repaired it. This was on a 2013 Dutchmen RBGS27

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom