Slide Out problem on Montana 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BamaSkye

We have a problem with the bedroom slide out. It appears to drop down too far when sliding out and the closet door catches on carpet and pulls door facing off. We have taken the board up under the bed but see no problem with the cylinder. Any suggestions as to what we might try? This is first time it's done this. 2006 3400RL Montana.  Thanks for any help

Mine is a 2011 so I don't know if it's different. On mine, I have 2 rollers the slide rides on. Go outside and with the slide opened, do you see 2 white rollers about 4" long under the slide on both ends.
If you don't, then I can't help you. You can go on this Web Site and after registering, you can ask the question and maybe someone there can help you out.

http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/

Sounds like it may a structural failure, probably from a water leak. We fix these fairly often. Usually the wood that the rollers are attached to gives and the rollers end up out of place allowing the slide to "drop in" too far.

If that's the case, the slideout will need disassembled and removed. Probably not a DIY job as it usually requires a large forklift to remove the slideout.

What type/brand of slide

Cable car (Accuslide)
Hydraulic (Assorted)
Rack and Pinion (Like power gear)
Side mounted "S" tracks (Swintek)

May be an adjustment possible  Might be a loose nut (not joking)

BamaSkye said:
thank you  we figured it out n have it fixed now
If you have time, please share what caused the problem. It may help somebody later on with a similar problem. Thanks!

NickB, sorry yes I will. Didn't have time before. It turned out to be a bracket (I call it) on the outside of slide out at the top where awning is attached. The bracket apparently helps control slideout and keeps the top of slide out from dropping too far down. Once we removed it and put it back on straight everything worked fine. We had looked at everything inside as the problem till we noticed the top of slide dropped too far forward as we put it out. Thus lowering the slide too much to clear the floor properly. I'm not good at explaining this stuff but hope this did it. Never expected it to be something outside that was relatively simple.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help! BamaSkye aka Sheri

Back
Top Bottom