Slide Out Trim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My slide out trim keeps coming loose. It is the top trim. It is fastened with staples. My question is can I put screws it it to hold it in place? Is there enough backing for the screws to bite into to hold? Thanks for your reply.

I had problems with some trim popping off on bumpy roads because it was fastened only with some clips. My cousin helped out by putting in a couple of screws. I then had some touch-up paint and put a dab on each screw. Has held for years.

However, whether there is enough backing in your case is something no one but the manufacturer of your unit can tell you, especially since we do not know what you have. We also do not know what piece of trim on your slide you are talking about, so I photo or better description will help.

I see that this is your first post. You need to go into the signature area and add the make, model, and year of whatever you are driving or towing. Look at mine, for example. That way, someone can much better answer your question.

Click on your name on the upper right, then select Account Details, and Signature to add details about your rig.

I had problems with some trim popping off on bumpy roads because it was fastened only with some clips. My cousin helped out by putting in a couple of screws. I then had some touch-up paint and put a dab on each screw. Has held for years.

However, whether there is enough backing in your case is something no one but the manufacturer of your unit can tell you, especially since we do not know what you have. We also do not know what piece of trim on your slide you are talking about, so I photo or better description will help.

I see that this is your first post. You need to go into the signature area and add the make, model, and year of whatever you are driving or towing. Look at mine, for example. That way, someone can much better answer your question.

Click on your name on the upper right, then select Account Details, and Signature to add details about your rig.
The make model and year is there. Its all there.It is the trim that is on the front, top of the slide. It is about 3/4 inch wide. Thanks for your reply.

The make model and year is there. Its all there.It is the trim that is on the front, top of the slide. It is about 3/4 inch wide. Thanks for your reply.
Where is the make, model and year of your rv.
If you can use screws see if you can also use fender washers available at Home Depot,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom