Slide out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olly72

Hi All big problem. I have a 2008 Itasca Sunrise 32h. The full wall slide on the driver's side worked this morning. Pulled into tonight's campsite and the slide will not open. The bedroom slide on the passenger's side worked perfectly. The Emergency brake is on, and the switch lights are off indicating the emergency brake is on. The slide locking device is working. Tried several times on and off with no response. Opened the switch and all the wires look connected. Unplugged the switch and reconnected with no response. For an instance while looking at the wires the brake light and error code light flickered but then went blank. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Russ

The interlock for park/emergency brake and the fuse/breaker for the slide motor (or pump, if hydraulic) are the top candidates. Another is a faulty slide limit switch, which is a sensing switch to tell the slide controller that the slide is full in or out (not all systems have these).

If you can get at it, you can jumper 12v power direct to the motor or pump to see if it moves. Reverse the wires to change direction of movement.

Russ - do you have the HWH system?
No the control switch is a kwikee system. I was just guessing about the switch now I learned it may be the relays, but I don't know where they are located. This repair is beyond my ability and am going to try and get it into a repair shop in Vegas.

I didn't remember Winnebago used Kwikee that long ago, good luck on the repair.
Sorry John, lots going on. The switch stated Kwikee but the mobile mechanic says it's a power gear sysyem that is now owned by Lippet. To add to the problem the control box that is the culprit is no longer available. Lippet is going to build one. It will take 7-10 days. Tried to fing one all over the internet but was unsucessful. Thanks to all for your hrlp.

This sounds like a problem I had with my full wall power gear slide out. The problem was in the slide out lock. In the black box in the upper cabinet, hanging from the ceiling. This box houses the locking mechanism and two micro switches that make the interlock signal. One of the micro switches fell apart. I had my wiring diagrams and saw that the two switches were in series so only jumped the two wires to bypass the lock. 4 years later and it's still like that and working fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom