Slide out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As the piston pushes there will s a bar that’s attached to the other side of the slide that causes it to come out.
I'm confused by this sentence, cause that describes a hydraulic slide rather than rack & pinion. In a rack & pinion system, a low speed, high torque motor turns a shaft and a gear(s) on the shaft pushes the gear rack(s) in or out. As your photos seem to show. What "piston"???

When I had this problem, I went through several shear pins (the hole was elongated and allowed wind up). I switched to a grade 5 bolt which sheared as well. The final solution was a longer grade 5 bolt (to ensure the bolt threads were not loaded in shear) and lock washers to eliminate windup. I had to grind off extra thread to avoid hanging up in the bolt.
Alignment was not a big deal.

Ernie
I just found the broken bolt laying under the back tire. Just need to drill out the piece that’s broken in the great shaft. After looking at this I bet it’s a common problem

So it did shear instead of loosening up and falling out.
Likely you can drive the sheared bolt piece out with a hammer and punch. I would try that before drilling.

A8F30F1B-42EC-4CBD-9C2B-576336AD803E.jpeg
So it did shear instead of loosening up and falling out.
Likely you can drive the sheared bolt piece out with a hammer and punch. I would try that before drilling.
I got it all out. Headed to a hardware store and buy a grade 5 blot with lock not and washer. Will see if it holds

Back
Top Bottom