Slide retract and solenoid trouble shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrettG576

Hello

I know there are lots of slide retracting threads on here but the ones I read don't address my issue. I have a 2000 Winnebago adventurer with the HWH 310 jack and slide system. The bedroom slide will not retract and I initially thought the solenoid was bad, but as i conducted some trouble shooting I couldn't verify that.  Here I is what I did and the results:

1. I switched the electrical plugs from the retract and extend solenoids for the living area slide to the bedroom slide. The bedroom switch ran the living room slide in and out with no issues. Leads me to believe the switch and solenoids are good.

2. Now I hooked up the bedroom slide to the living area solenoids. Those solenoids extended the slide, but wouldn't retract it. This is weird because I was using the living area solenoids - which are good.

3. I tried all 4 solenoids and none of them would retract the bedroom slide. Yet, they all worked fine on the living area slide.

4. I verified that I have 12 volts going to each solenoid.

5. I verified the hydraulic ram on the bedroom slide is connected

6. I checked the fuses on the HWH box under the dash and on the pump motor.

Any ideas why the bedroom retract solenoid works on the other slide but not for the bedroom? All advice is welcome. Thanks everyone

Thanks for the advice. I'm a little confused on what the "control card" is. Do I need to replace the entire HWH control box?

That's probably what he means - that large control box controls slide and jack operation. I was having some weird jack issues (forgot exactly the symptoms) and a new box solved the problem. It has an improved level detector if you have auto leveling, it doesn't change like the previous generation box.

Now for the painful part - the box is about $800 and made to order by HWH (at least that's what my buddy in Winnebago factory service told me.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom