slide trouble fleetwood storm 32a

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twslps

when i open my main slide on salon the bottom moves few inches before the top starts, making it go out at angle, lets bottom
hang on floor, can keep it inching out and will open all the way and straighten up, does same on retracting. any ideas on making adjustments?
it is level.
thanks

If it is a rack & pinion slide, e.g. Power Gear or Lippert, the bottom always start first. That's where the gears are that move it, so the bottom moves first and pulls the top with it. Ditto for hydraulic slides like an HWH. I'm wondering if something is causing the top to hang up or drag excessively. Maybe a torn or jammed rubber seal?

In any case, please tell us more about the slide mechanism. Any tuning adjustment will be unique to the type of slide machinery. Since it's a Fleetwood, I'm guessing it is a Power Gear rack & pinion type slide, but I'm not familiar with the Storm model (and you didn't mention the year either).

Thanks for replies. It is a 2018 Fleetwood gas and does have the power gear system. The bottom goes about 10” before top starts and that makes the bottom hang up on floor and stop it that helps

10 inches? I'm surprised that is even possible! In any case, it is much too far and I don't think a matter for "adjustment". Something is wrong up top and further diagnosis is needed to determine what it may be.

i was guessing on the 10" but the bottom moves until it hits the floor and stops
before the top moves. you can keep pushing the out button and it will move about an
inch each time until the top finally moves and then opens out all the way

So is there an adjustment that will correct problem?
Thanks for the replies.
Like Gary mentioned to you, it's most likely not a matter of adjustment. You need to inspect thoroughly the top of the slide to see if something is snagging or off track there.

I have similar problem. Slides moves inward about 6 inches, then something snags causing gears to separate and skip. What could cause this?

i have a under floor system. i found that there are rollers that roll in a track mounted on floor of slide, they have all loosend up to where they are allowing a lot of slack and 1 track has bolt has come out allowing slide to tilt up, slide will have to be removed to fix this problem.

Our floor is level when out. During retraction, it tilts and rises during first 3-12 inches of transition then levels out. Had gears replaced, but the round gear and track gear separate just enough during first 12 inches to make gears slip/skip or stop completely. If it gets past this point, the slide works fine. Strange that it doesn’t do this going out.

Back
Top Bottom