Slide works intermittently

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rbunkley

Having a slide problem on our 2005 Four Winds Chateau. Hit the extend button and sometimes it starts to extend but seems to run out of gas. Just slows down and stops. Leave it alone for a while, hit the button and it roars to life and closes. When it stops you can hit the button and nothing happens. No motor sound or anything.

check the circuit breaker they weaken every time they trip. Many are self resetting and give you this exact result. That said I also had one with a loose ground that would start & stop.

What Edd said. Mine would come in and after a few seconds just stop. Wait a few seconds, and it would continue. Then stop. Etc. When you start to open (or close) the slide, and it stops, listen for a "click" sound from the battery compartment. That's usually where the circuit breakers are. Then it's a matter of finding the one that is dying.

When I’m closing my slides and the outside door is closed but not latched it will open a few inches on it’s own because of the pressure built up inside escaping.

Mine were not working at all. I contacted Coachmen and was told to check the fuses. I removed them, work on them, and put them back. Problem solved. They say with time and movement this happens. They recommended to use a piece of sandpaper on the fuse contacts or just replaced them with new ones. FYI

Mine were not working at all. I contacted Coachmen and was told to check the fuses. I removed them, work on them, and put them back. Problem solved. They say with time and movement this happens. They recommended to use a piece of sandpaper on the fuse contacts or just replaced them with new ones. FYI

This! For less than $15, it's a cheap fix.

Just had the same problem and symptoms with our fifth wheeler. Tracked it down to a loose wire behind the panel in the kitchen. Problem solved

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom