Slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most slide rooms have a teflon/nylon plate the room actually glides on. Loft the carpet and look. My guess one or both pads are worn or broken.

I assume it is rolling on vinyl flooring like I have. And it sounds like maybe weight might be the problem. Can you see if the roller is sitting level on the floor when it is out?

Also, you probably have at least one other roller under that slide. Can you see if it is sitting level also?

When I had slide roller problems, my roller had come loose from the metal thing that was holding it in place. I had to leave my slide in until I could get a new roller and have the factory service place in Oregon replace it.

Also, it would be a big help if you would list the year, model, and maker of your rig at the bottom of your messages, as many of us have done. That way, maybe someone with the same rig can answer with better information than the rest of us have.

The make of the slide mechanism would help, e.g. Power Gear, Kwikee, Schwintek, Depending on the brand of slide mechanism, there will be either rollers or skid pads under it. And some slides are designed to mostly stay above the floor when moving in or out. If you have rollers or skids, one or more must be damaged, maybe even gone. And if the design is to balance so that there is little or no pressure on the floor, maybe the slide has become tilted enough to increase drag.

This YouTube video will help identify it if you can't see a label on the slide controller or motor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom