Slides in the Fleetwood Bounder and Pacer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pjesmer

I'm researching my first RV purchase to death. Can anyone tell me what year Fleetwood started to put slides in the Bounder and Pacer models and any experience the old timers might have with them. I'm leaning towards one of these two and the wife wants a slideout. Thanks

Pace Arrow started with slides in 97    We have a 98  Works great  have had problems with it locking in but cure that I use HD cinch straps it tighten them down buy fastening 1 end to the swing bar and the other to the frame and cinching it down.  Stays right there will traveling.  Think they also make a bar that slides in there  to lock it.Keep wanting to sell our  Pacer but cna't seen to get enough courage to do so cuz I'd just have to buy another, while fearing I won't find something I like as well.  Besides on 29K miles on it and it does everything i want it to do.  JMHO

We also had a 98 460 powered Pace Arrow with a front slide and sold it when it reached 68,000 miles. Great m/h that we enjoyed for 31/2 years and 38k trouble free miles.

Thanks for the input. My wife really wants that slide and I really don't want to spend a small fortune. I've heard good abut the Fleetwoods and I think I'll stick with one of them.

pjesmer    Just this evening one of my friends here at Pueblo El Mirage, AZ informed me that his Son Is going to sell his Pace Arrow. He said he doesnt' know what he has nor if if has a slide or not but will check on it this week.  I think the unit might be in Washington or Oregon.  He'll let me know next week and give me all the facts if you are interested.  He did say he thought it looked like ours.  Will post whenever I hear more.

The Bounder first offered a slide in 1997 (I am told that there were a few late model 1996's that had slides, but very few).  We just purchased a 1997 36S with slide, tag axle, 35000 miles, in excellent shape for $29,500.00.  The Bounder has a very loyal following and since there have been so many manufactured in the last 20 years, there is an abundance of them to choose from.  I like to look at www.pplmotorhomes.com and see what they have in stock and look at the prices they are asking and getting to gauge a motorhomes worth.  Good Luck!!

Wow  I Have a 98 with less than 30K on it and I don't think I'd sell mine for that  OUCH  Oh well guess I'll just keep it.

Back
Top Bottom