small children in a class a

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenkca

i recently purchased a 2001 allegro bay and i have two questions .  first what advice does anyone have on this model and second i have small children and how do i keep them from opening doors and falling down steps

keep them from opening doors and falling down steps

Does the entry door of your coach have a dead bolt lock?? Some motorhomes have a panel that slides to prevent people from stepping into the stairwell while travelling...does your coach have one?

These would be the measures I would take, however I have never travelled with children, so I cannot speak from experience.

Perhaps others will be able to provide first hand experience

Yes it is hard.. But the kids have to learn the word NO... For starters while your are driving they should be sitting and seat belted in... I would all so put in a screen guard for the times when the outside door is open. Lock the door and teach them not to touch it unless you tell them to go out or ask if they can.. We had one of our kids when we had our class A fall down the stairs.. just once... I also cut a piece of plywood to fit when we were stopped for a while.. and it worked great when we traveled with the dog... The crate sat nicely in that spot... And in our C I turned the crate facing out the door and when we stopped I could just unlock the door and get to the crate door from the outside easy.. (for her pee stops..heheheh) It is something the kids will just have to learn... and we have 5 that travel with us... Good luck...
Gus....

You might need to install an eyehook-type lock up high (can't be reached by little ones) to keep the inner door closed.  Sure you can teach your kids "NO" until you're blue in the face, but even the most well-behaved kids will disobey.  And it only takes one fall to ruin a camping trip.  They make all kinds of doorknob interrupters to keep babies and toddlers contained, but since most RV doors are the handle type of opener those wouldn't work.  Back to my eyehook suggestion.  Good luck!

Congrats!!!
Forget about the children I almost fell into the stairwell (LOL), only kidding about forget the children adults have to be careful too. Since I almost did that I make sure I put down the cover that slides down over my stairwell. Look into this or cut a board and cover it with carpet. My MH does have a dead bolt I am sure you can install one easy yourself.

Good luck, my kids are now 14 and 20 and they love to travel with us, especially when we go the the football games, a MH makes for good tail gating.

Congrats again and good luck.

Colleen FL

We go to Tampa Bay Buccanneers, UF Gators & UCF (university of central FL) Golden Knights Orlando.
We just got our RV space for the gator games we were on a wait list but not anymore.
We have been season ticket holders and alumni for over 20 years, daughter goes to UCF and we are season ticket holders as well for them and are locked in for new stadium and RV parking, and of course we are season ticket holders for the Bucs

Colleen

colleenfl said:
We go to Tampa Bay Buccanneers, UF Gators & UCF (university of central FL) Golden Knights Orlando.
We just got our RV space for the gator games we were on a wait list but not anymore.
We have been season ticket holders and alumni for over 20 years, daughter goes to UCF and we are season ticket holders as well for them and are locked in for new stadium and RV parking, and of course we are season ticket holders for the Bucs

Colleen

Colleen,  Do you like football?

I LOVE FOOTBALL . I'VE BEEN SITTING IN THE SAME SEATS AT FLORIDA FIELD SINCE 1984.  WE ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT PARKING FOR THE RV IN GAINESVILLE FOR THE GATOR GAMES.  IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW

kenkca said:
I LOVE FOOTBALL . I'VE BEEN SITTING IN THE SAME SEATS AT FLORIDA FIELD SINCE 1984.  WE ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT PARKING FOR THE RV IN GAINESVILLE FOR THE GATOR GAMES.  IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW

I don't know about Gainesville, but don't most arenas/stadiums have a separate parking area for buses and RV's?  Tailgaiting may be a different story, but if you get there early I'm sure you can get a spot.

Kenca

Call UF parking they did have some RV spaces open up in the RV lots and they shuttle you to the stadium, you have to have a pipe to vent the generators fumes to the roof you can get those at camping world.

Colleen

We have had our same seats a little longer then you, good luck in getting the rv parking they might all be full and you have to use your spot  4 of the 7 games or you loose it. $300 for the season

We've been to several stadiums for pro football games (GO BRONCOS) and never had trouble getting parking because we got there early. We also have a 28' motorhome which only takes up 2 spaces.

Back
Top Bottom