Small printer recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a standard 18-55mm lens, as well as a 75-300mm zoom lens. I have been interested in photography for about 3 years now, and bought this camera about 2 years ago. I still enjoy everything about photography. I have a standard printer that has done well for me in the past. It can print up to legal size (8 1/2 by 11) photos. However, I would now like to be able to print out larger pictures, like 11X17 and such. I have been searching a little bit, but I am still having a hard time, and am hoping you guys could help me out a bit. As I mentioned above, I would like a printer capable of printing larger pictures. And... -without breaking the bank (try keeping it under $500, lower the better ;-)) -with long lasting ink cartridges (if its possible. Hopefully companies have improved this) Thanks guys for all the help!
(Given this thread is mostly about small printers, you might want to start a new thread with different title.)

We printed our own 16x24 inch images for years with a variety of Epson Stylus printers. Prints were mounted and some framed for various clients and others for art shows. Mostly high rez aerial prints (back long before drones!). Over time digital images were much more in demand and drones killed the aerial market given clients could do their own.

These days if I was just starting out I'd take a hard look at Epson's line of Eco Tank printers. MUCH less cost per print and excellent quality. Most are multi function as well as you can scan, copy etc..

Purists might point out that prints don't have the archival quality of Inkjet prints, but hey-- a couple of decades is good enough IMO and I doubt many could see much difference in side by side comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom