small side lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueridgegb

Ok I give up I just bought a 99 Chieftain 34Y.  I have four small lights, two in bedroom, one over the couch and another next to the door and I can't get any of them to turn on.  they all have individual switches which I have tried.  I took out the bulbs and they are automotive style blubs. 

Please tell me what I have overlooked.

Thanks

Get a volt meter and very carefully check for the presents of 12VDC at the light.  If yes, then install new bulbs.  If no, then start looking for blown fuses.

What you are saying is each individual light is independtly turned off and on but suppiled by a 12V DC power source,  I will check for voltage and I think you are correct in that it maybe a blown fuse will look, replace and hope that corrects it

I have found that those small 12V switches found on individual lamps to turn them on and off do not last. I have replaced at least 4 of them on fixtures, similar to those you described, in my trailer. Those little button type switches on the fixtures can be directly replaced with the same style button used for 120V lamps and can be purchased at any hardware store.

So, once you have verified the presence of 12V at the fixture/switch, suspect the switch itself .

Most Winnebago's of our vintage have a 12V breaker panel somewhere with pushbutton breakers.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom