Snapshot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I have my auto policy with Progressive and last month they offered me the option of using Snapshot to reduce my insurance bill. It is a small device that plugs into the OBD2 port on my dash. It tracks hard braking and fast accelerations. I had two hard brakings and no fast accelerations. I actually think my rice burner could not have achieved a fast acceleration.:ROFLMAO: They sent me an email yesterday telling me I had the option of either continuing to use the device or end the trial. My grade was the highest possible so there was no point in continuing the trial since all I could do is go down so I ended the trial. My insurance was $354 for six months and are sending me a check for $71. Looks like I will be saving about $100 for the entire 6 months since I paid in February.

If you don’t continue the snapshot program your insurance will go back up to the higher price next time it renews. According to the agreement with these monitor units they collect data to apply discounts at the next renewal period.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom