Snow: going knowwhere FAST!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysamm

Well we have been fortunate so far, fairly mild winter, that is until today!!!? North Eastern storm at its best. Otherwise known as a true "NorEastern"!!!
So I gues we are going knowwhere fast
Hope everyone down south appreciates this picture!

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 46
Karl said:
Rubysamm,

And Nor'easter ;D

Obviously you've never spent a winter in Wisconsin. We would call that a light dusting ;D ;D

Or North Dakota, Montana, or Wyoming.  Like you said that would be considered a dusting. ;D ;)

That picture must have been taken early in the storm.  It eventually brought 2 feet of snow to the NE.

Ron,

I spent three years in North Dakota back in the early '60s and I can remember many "horizontal" snow storms.  Actually total white out blizzards.  The weather folks would often assure us that it really wasn't snowing in ND, but that the snow was falling in Montana and only using our 60 mph wind to get to Minnesota.  Sure enough, it would be headed back west by the next day or week.  Total accumulation in Minot, ND, zero.  I'm sure you've seen the same.  Every fall, farmers would string a cable from their back door to the barn door to hold on to so they wouldn't wander off in a white out.  Invariably one would get lost anyway and be found dead a few feet, or a few hundred feet, off course. 

PS.. we had twelve flakes (snow flakes) in NC this morning.    lou

Yes we were unfortunate enough to spend a few winters in ND.? But didn't they ever tell you that in ND it never snows vertically but always horizontal.? That is so you don't have a clue if your getting new snow or just the old snow is being re-distributed.? In most states they just waste the snow.? Snow falls then melts runs into the streams to the rivers and away.? In ND they wear the snow out moving it from place to place.? After a couple moves some of the soil from the field gets mixed in and then they have Snirt.? -40F was not at all uncommon in ND.

I was once told there was a valid reason for ND.? They needed a place for the roadbed between Montana and Minn.

I remember the slogan... "Why not, Minot?"
The list is too long to enter here.

Back
Top Bottom