So here we are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeboz

So we have been RVing since we got married, 43 years this coming May. Started with tenting then a small cab over moved to a larger cab over then a 5th wheel and now on our second class A. We purchased our latest one new in 2010 and made trips to the west coast and up through Nebraska and such. So in 2015 my lovely bride was diagnosed with a rare cancer and we parked the motorhome in the back and it set for the last 4 or 5 years, only taken out for short drives and state inspections. Long story short, my wife is doing well now and we are back😁😁 I retired last year and we are working on getting the beast ready for the road again. You guys have already been very helpful and look forward to being part of the forum.

Congrats on your Mrs health. If I had a class A, bought new in 2010, sat man years, if original tires, I would replace them, and if that gas was in there many years, treated or not, I would have it pumped out and disposed of. Sitting is not good, have a thorough basic maintenance done.

Congrats on your Mrs health. If I had a class A, bought new in 2010, sat man years, if original tires, I would replace them, and if that gas was in there many years, treated or not, I would have it pumped out and disposed of. Sitting is not good, have a thorough basic maintenance done.
We did replace the tires 2 years ago before we purchased our new place. We moved the coach there so we would have a place to stay when we came out to work on the property. Luckily it had a 40x80 metal building and electric so it was protected. So after we sold the house in Austin last year we are finally settled here and getting ready to start enjoying retirement. Do feel very fortunate to have found the new place and got out of Austin before the covid hit. Was kinda a shock moving to a town of 5000 from Austin. But do love the sunrises 🙂

Attachments

• 20201226_114539.jpg
    20201226_114539.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210216_072451~2.jpg
    20210216_072451~2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 8
We did get lucky when we found this place, that building was about the only thing that was worth anything. Luckily we have some really nice Neighbors and they were very happy to help us clear all the other trash out since this was an eyesore in the neighborhood. This used to be an old dairy farm in the 60s and they started selling five acre tracts in 2009. The gentlemen we purchase from was getting up there in age and was not able to maintain the property and he was a bit of a hoarder.

Back
Top Bottom