So Many to Choose From!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaitlin3

:-\
Hi.? We're "future" new RVers (me, my husband, 13 y/o son and 6 y/o daughter).? We've been tent campers and have been shopping RV shows and dealers on and off for the last few years.? Our options are limited since we have a Dodge Dakota 4wd and don't want to push the weight, so we've finally decided that we really would like a hybrid around 23' with three foldout tents or a queen hard slide w/ bunks, so we have our own separate sleeping areas, and a sofa or dinette slide (to expand living space in event of bad weather).? Can anyone give us a recommendation on a good hybrid or what to look for in one?? Which are the "cadillac's" of hybrids and which have "notsogood" reputations?? We have a quote on a 2006 Trail-Cruiser by Trail-Lite C243S (3 tent expandables) from a local dealer (is this a good/reputable brand?) including brakes and hitch for approx. $17k....saw the same model at RVwholesalers for $14k, but don't know if it includes same specs??? Also saw some Rockwood Roo's on their site (rvw) that looked comprable (w/ the three separate sleeping quarters (hard slide queen and a bunk)...any info. on the Roo's?? Would prefer used (to save some $$), but haven't seen any on-line w/ this floor plan style so we feel like we might as well bite the bullet and go for a 2006??? Are used hybrids w/ this floor plan hard to come by?? ?Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Hi Kaitlin and welcome to RVForum.net.  Hybrids have become very popular and all the manufacturers are building various kinds, so there should be some choices (though maybe not as much in the configuration you are looking for).

I'm afraid I don't have any personal experience to offer on those brands, though Rockwood has been in the RV business for a long time and is a respected brand.  Trail-lite is a part of R-Vision, a relative newcomer on the RV scene (founded in 1997) but they specialize in lightweight towables of the sort you are interetsed in. I haven't heard much pro or con about the brand, though. Hopefully another forumite will be able to contribute something helpful

RV Roamer said:
Trail-lite is a part of R-Vision, a relative newcomer on the RV scene (founded in 1997) but they specialize in lightweight towables of the sort you are interetsed in. I haven't heard much pro or con about the brand, though. Hopefully another forumite will be able to contribute something helpful

Gary

Just read that Monaco bought R-Vision.

Just read that Monaco bought R-Vision.

Wow! That gives them another entry into the towables business, much broader than HR's rather limited line-up.  Looks like Monaco really intends to displace Fleetwood as the full line manufacturer in the RV world.

In the same boat as you. Looking at hybrids too. Have bought one yet? I am concerned about outside noise coming thru the tent part of the camper? Married w/ two little girls. Thanks for anything you come up with. Tomm

I was thinking of trading my travel trailer for a hybrid trailer. They seem to be more spacious without adding any more weight. I'm a little worried about the weather getting in around the fold out areas. Some of the used models I looked at showed obvious signs of water etc. or showed where the previous owner used caulk to try to keep water out. The newer models seem to seal better around the fold out areas.
-ken

Back
Top Bottom