So Retirement is here .... what now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaspers mom

If speaking with you .... front of my computer

Hello, welcome to our world.  Sit down and just ignore the mess.  We just got back from another trial excursion.  As we are new to RV'ing together, we decided to make the first shakedown cruises complete with lists and critiques and ideas..... oh, you've heard that before?  Please don't laugh, suggestions are welcome.   

Seriously, my dearest darling is the king of pre-planning and perfecting the moment.  At one time, I would hop in my RV, point its nose somewhere and take off into the unknown.  Not anymore.  Is it better or worse?  I have to be honest.  Being prepared for emergencies is a priority for me.  Taking enough care to avoid emergency is a new way to look at the world. 

Our latest adventures are taking us to State Parks.  Of course we would be remiss to not start with our state of residence, Idaho.  This is actually in order to make sure we can venture beyond with as few "problems" possible.  I am impressed.  We started out with Massacre Rocks State Park ---- I fell in love.  I wanted to stay.  This was a very well planned area complete with truly handicapped accessibility.  I thought we would not find an equal.  I was right.  As we continue our search we find delight in the variety of landscape, history filled cultures and new people!  OMGollygee, we are having so much fun.

So, thanks for having this site.  I am really enjoying the news and information as well as a chat room.

Welcome to our forum. Congratulations on retirement and the shakedown cruise.

OK, I'm here. ;D

I would be Jaspers Dad, but they wouldn't let me register that. Someone else must already have it. So, I used my usual, Ray D.

Hoping to learn a lot from others. Hate reinventing the wheel. Too 0ld - takes too long - hurts too much.

I'm an old backpacker, hunter, fly fisherman. Can't carry a backpack, any more. Do well to just walk a little ways. Plan to take the fly rod along, and figure out how to get from the behemoth to the proper place to use a fly rod.

New unit is a 2005 Damon, Challenger. Had it about a year, now. Very pleasant. I have to admit it, but it beats sleeping on the ground by a mile.

Ray D.

Hey Jaspers "dad"???,

We talked a bit in the chat room on an off hour.  We used to live up in Post Falls Idaho and spent alot of time in Ceour d' Alene.  Idaho is a beautiful state, what a great place to start out.  We'll be seeing you in the chat room.  I'll try to get in there at the right time next time.

:D?

Hello Baja, This is Jasper's Mom, Ray D is my other half. he tried to get the moniker of Jasper's Dad but it did not work.? It was I you spoke? with in the Chat room. I hope we didn't confuse you.? So, there are two of us. (Ray D and Jaspers Mom)? Then there is Jasper the Boxer, and Hoover the Min-Pin.?

You got me there.  Yes Jasper and Hoover are our pets.  I think of them as people in dog clothes but they are just dogs.  Boxer is 65 lbs and Miniature Pincher is about 6 1/2 pounds.  We also have a 20 pound cat.  She prefers to stay home and watch the kingdom. 

I have really been enjoying what some may call a Blitz Read of the Forum.  I find my self going "oh, that's an idea". and/or laughing out loud. 

Cooking on Road Trips is something I would like to make a deeper study of.  Ways to do it, etc.  Whats good, whats a waste of money, simple ways besides not cooking to keep the kitchen clean and organized.  Any ideas?  ;D 8) ::)

We have some on-the-road recipes in our library. Just click the Library button above and select Recipes.

Jaspers Mom:

Fred and I happened upon Massacre State Park several years ago, it is one of our most favorite parks of all time.  We were there in the fall, just about had the place all to ourselves and the swans.  It is a great place and we had intended to just overnight, but spent a week.  Since it was getting down right cold at night by then, and we were at the top of the bluff, about to blow off when the wind blew, we decided to mosey out.  Have not had the occasion since to get back there, but still hope to one day.

Enjoy,  Daisy and Fred

Back
Top Bottom