So, what's happening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank B

So, not much happening here, and the Canadian Snowbirds know why, of course. Anyone still planning a trip from Canada to the States this winter? Thoughts? Concerns?

Last edited:
Quite a few people that I know are still heading south. The trick, of course, is to have Covid immunization records in check and fly to the US, while arranging a transport company to drive their RVs across the border, then picking them up south and keep driving to their destination. A friend from Vancouver and his wife are driving to Mexico this way, although they're not taking the RV this time but their car, and they're staying at the cabanas in their favourite RV park in Mexico.

Quite a few people that I know are still heading south. The trick, of course, is to have Covid immunization records in check and fly to the US, while arranging a transport company to drive their RVs across the border, then picking them up south and keep driving to their destination. A friend from Vancouver and his wife are driving to Mexico this way, although they're not taking the RV this time but their car, and they're staying at the cabanas in their favourite RV park in Mexico.

Yes, Covid rules are certainly a patchwork. We're hoping the border will open on Oct 21, giving us enough time to get everything ready.

Anyone have any concerns about the polarization between the various pro / anti groups? I wonder about what the chances are of being caught in the 'crossfire', especially if one has out-of-country plates? It seems that whether you wear a mask or you don't, someone is unhappy.

I am more worried about the insanity and stupidity going on with government officials, etc. We just had an incident in our town where a local police juror (think county board of control), member who tested positive for covid showed up for an "important" in person vote at a public meeting. see this local tv news story on the matter Beauregard Police Jury holds special meeting over COVID-19 protocols

I mean come on folks, it is one thing to choose to not get the vaccine, it is another to knowingly go to a public meeting as an elected official after testing positive even if you do wear a mask.

Yeah, I saw that on the international news this morning. That should simplify things for a lot of folks.

We definitely want to go south from Alberta this year, so the only thing now is the emotional situation in the areas we might visit. If people are all hot and bothered over various issues, I might prefer to stay home where it's quieter. 😊

Yeah, I saw that on the international news this morning. That should simplify things for a lot of folks.

We definitely want to go south from Alberta this year, so the only thing now is the emotional situation in the areas we might visit. If people are all hot and bothered over various issues, I might prefer to stay home where it's quieter. 😊
You should not have to worry. If you're smart all you do is ask, "what can I do to make you feel safer?" If the person says to put on a mask, back away, breathe in the other direction or leave - then just do it - none of this malarky is worth the cluster-action we keep hearing about thanks to the news.

Come on down and warm your toes - we'll be glad to see you, as always....

You should not have to worry. If you're smart all you do is ask, "what can I do to make you feel safer?" If the person says to put on a mask, back away, breathe in the other direction or leave - then just do it - none of this malarky is worth the cluster-action we keep hearing about thanks to the news.

Come on down and warm your toes - we'll be glad to see you, as always....
For us it is the reverse. We tend to wear a mask rather than not. I would think that if a person doesn't criticize another who has a different opinion, sparks are less likely to fly.

These are crazy times, and people are on edge. We just want to escape the cold with as little fuss as possible. 😁

For us it is the reverse. We tend to wear a mask rather than not. I would think that if a person doesn't criticize another who has a different opinion, sparks are less likely to fly.

These are crazy times, and people are on edge. We just want to escape the cold with as little fuss as possible. 😁
We're all crazy in some ways, and I certainly agree -->> never poke a bear with a stick!

- As I said - "Come on down!" Here's a picture from Yesterday afternoon...

IMG_6953.JPG

Back
Top Bottom