So what's your favorite crock pot recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joelmyer

Recently rediscovered the crock pot.  Did a chicken with ranch dressing that was good.  Goulosh that was just ok.

Zillions of recipes on the web, but what are the tried & true great recipes?

Joel

>>but what are the tried & true great recipes?<<

Meatloaf is my favorite followed by pork ribs & sauerkraut...You/ll have to ask Betty for the recipes.<G>

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry A. Brewer said:
Meatloaf is my favorite followed by pork ribs & sauerkraut...You/ll have to ask Betty for the recipes.
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry,

If we beg, do you think Betty would share the meatloaf and pork rib recipes?  :)

Phil

Phil said:
Terry,

If we beg, do you think Betty would share the meatloaf and pork rib recipes?? :)

Phil

Phil,
I just love it when men beg!

Boneless country  pork ribs

Trim fat
Put in a crock pot
Drain 1 can sauerkraut well drained
1 chopped onion if you like
Some caraway seeds if you like
Put in crock pot for 6 or more hours

Smells good while cooking if you like the smell of sauerkraut

Meatloaf

Any standard recipe can be made in the crock pot.  Just make it the shape of you crock pot.

I use  hamburger with limited fat. 1 egg. breadcrumbs. Chopped onion.  I spread tomato paste over the top for color.  ?Cook until you get to your destination.  At least 4 hours I'd say.  Yumm  Sometimes it needs to be drained before serving .

Betty

Betty

Mike loves sauerkraut. I detest the smell of it and would have to live in a tent for at least a week if he cooked this in the motorhome.

Right now, I've got a crockpot full of beans and franks cooking.....super easy: Dump 3 cans of beans (white or use a mixture), 1 small can tomato sauce, 1 tsp mustard (the cheap yellow stuff), 1 packet of Splenda (see...it's low carb!), 1 tsp Worcestershire, 1 cup chopped onion, a handful of bacon bits (real or fake....you pick). Cook it on low for 6-8 hours. Interested in nutrition? 1 g fat, 0 cholesterol (if you use fake bacon bits), lots of fiber. Of course, this doesn't include the franks you might or might not stuff into the beans for the last hour.

Dinner's ready!!

Wendy
p.s. It's been a lovely 80 degrees today. No more 90s.
p.p.s Speaking of recipes....is there a spot on the website for posting recipes? There was sooooo much good food in Moab that I would love the recipes for.....Jalapeno Artichoke Dip springs to mind.

wendycoke said:
p.p.s Speaking of recipes....is there a spot on the website for posting recipes? There was sooooo much good food in Moab that I would love the recipes for.....Jalapeno Artichoke Dip springs to mind.
Hi Wendy,
I think Chris Jones provided the Artichoke dip.? If I recall it was easy to do...Just go to Costo or was it Sam's club to pick it up in a pint ocntainer.
BB

Phil

>>If we beg, do you think Betty would share the meatloaf and pork rib recipes?<<

Do you even own a crock pot?

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

I've made soups and such in the crock pot, My favorite is French Onion (Very easy to make)

I also once had a recipe for a chicken/rice thing (Cassrole) that went in the crock pot.

The recipe called for a canned chicken... And at this time that's about all I can remember of it

I made it once but lost the recipe

John In Detroit said:
I've made soups and such in the crock pot, My favorite is French Onion (Very easy to make)

So what is the recipe for French Onion soup?  It is one of my favorites.

Betty

Thanks for asking, Betty. I'm a big onion soup fan also.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Do you even own a crock pot?

Terry,

Not only do I own a crock pot but, I actually cook food in it.  :) 

Phil

Peg has a couple that we like.

Crock Pot Cabbage-Rolls

12 large cabbage leaves
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup cooked rice
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Immerse cabbage leaves in large pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until limp; drain.
Combine egg, milk, onion, salt, pepper, beef and cooked rice. Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of each leaf; ' fold in sides, and roll ends over meat.
Place in Crock Pot. Combine tomato sauce with brown sugar,. lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour over cabbage rolls. Cover; and cook on low 7 to 9 hours.

Crock Pot Lasagna

12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup water
1 carton (16 ounces) cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated

Break noodles in half. Place half of the noodles in bottom of greased 4-quart crock pot. Stir Italian seasoning into meat and spread half over noodles in crock pot. Over the beef, layer half the sauce and water, half the cottage cheese and half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low heat 4 to 5 hours.

Makes 8 servings.

Approximate values per serving: 557 calories, 28 g fat, 78 mg cholesterol, 30 g protein, 45 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 881 mg sodium, 46 percent calories from fat.

Enjoy  :) :)

Thanks for sharing Don. I've added them to the library - click the Library button above and scroll down to click on Recipes. Tell Peg she's "published"  :)

Onion Soup....Here's one I like. I guess you could substitute beef broth if you really had to. Unfortunately, I've sworn off carbohydrates for the next 2 weeks so no onion soup for me.

On a related subject......do you guys really cook in the crockpot while you're driving? Any tips?

Wendy

Onion Soup
8 servings

3 medium-sized onions, thinly sliced (Vidalia's are really good when in season)
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1 qt. fat-free, low-sodium vegetable broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
slices of French bread
1/2 cup grated fat-free Swiss, or Parmesan, cheese

1. Saute onions in butter and oil in covered skillet until soft. Uncover. Add salt and sugar. Cook 15 minutes. Stir in flour. Cook 3 more minutes.
2. Combine onions, broth, and wine in slow cooker.
3. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
4. Toast bread. Sprinkle with grated cheese and then broil.
5. Dish soup into individual bowls; then float a slice of broiled bread on top of each serving of soup.

Per Serving: 360 calories, 6 g total fat (2.5 sat fat), 1320 mg sodium (sorry!), 61g total carbs (4 g fiber, 7 g sugar)

Thanks Wendy. I can smell and taste it just reading your message. It's been added to the library.

BTW some folks cook in the crockpot when moving, but the crockpot is sitting in the sink for stability.

Tom said:
Thanks Wendy. I can smell and taste it just reading your message. It's been added to the library.

BTW some folks cook in the crockpot when moving, but the crockpot is sitting in the sink for stability.

Thats what we do.  Place the crockpot in the sink plug it in and smell the meal cooking as we drive down the hiway. ;D

wendycoke said:
So you run the generator while you're driving and crocking??

No we don't run the Generator while driving and crocking.  The inverter we have handles the crockpot just fine while driving.

Back
Top Bottom