Solar charge controller load output question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryancousins

I have the original converter in my camper but am adding some solar to top off the battery when dry camping. The solar controller has an output for the load, which makes sense in case it?s the sole converter in your setup, but since my original converter already has all the 12v items connected it, I?m assuming I can just leave the load outputs on the solar controller alone and it will still do its job charging the battery just fine? I can?t imagine it has any need to have its own connection to my 12v load but I thought I?d double check.

ryancousins said:
I have the original converter in my camper but am adding some solar to top off the battery when dry camping. The solar controller has an output for the load, which makes sense in case it?s the sole converter in your setup, but since my original converter already has all the 12v items connected it, I?m assuming I can just leave the load outputs on the solar controller alone and it will still do its job charging the battery just fine? I can?t imagine it has any need to have its own connection to my 12v load but I thought I?d double check.

the load output is basically a timed switch, it is only designed for light loads, nothing heavy.
it is unlikely you will ever need to use it for an RV

Back
Top Bottom