Solenoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dla134

Does anyone know what type of replacement soleniod i can used? My 03 MH has battery disconnect switch inside coach. Disconnect has 2-#6 ga. Cables 1-#6 cable going to soleniod, the other #6 to 30A shortstop. The soleniod it self has has 1-cable on one side and 3-cables on other side and two small nuts with wires.

Attachments

• EBE0CFE8-8F34-4F63-AE6B-B1A1F9FDBF19.jpeg
    EBE0CFE8-8F34-4F63-AE6B-B1A1F9FDBF19.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 9
Does anyone know what type of replacement soleniod i can used?
My Y2K RV uses this one.

I bought another to run my 4 KW inverter remotely.

But that is NOT my DC disconnect solenoid. The disconnect solenoid is a latching relay in a black square box.

The above linked relay, IIRC, is the one used to parallel the batteries for when the engine battery is weak, in my Y2K RV.

-Don- Marianna, FL

Just bring it into any NAPA or automotive parts store and ask for a 300A solenoid. It should be cheap and in stock and if you give them your old one they'll sell you one the same shape so you can mount it in the same location with the same hardware.

I lost all dc power one time and the experts in the park tracked it down to the solenoid by the battery. Took it into NAPA ready to buy a new one. Ready to pay and the guy at the counter said, "do you know there is a reset switch on the side of your solenoid"? Long story short reset the old one and everything was back to normal. You may want to check yours, it may be the same one as mine.

Web stores like texas industrial electric offer lots of parts with pictures so you know what your getting.

Cole-Hersee 24213 200 amp continuous duty with silver tungsten plated contacts. Generally this is THE recommended replacement for those horrible Trombetta solenoids and others that fail. This one will last forever!

Amazon - Cole Hersee 24213 solenoid

99% of what these do is allow the engine alternator to charge the house batteries. On rare occasion you will need to press the BOOST button or switch to close this manually to allow "jump starting" the engine off the house batteries. This is commonly recommended as the replacement for the 80 amp Trombetta that Winnebago used that fails so often. My Winnebago View had its original solenoid fail with just 18K miles on it. Would click but the contacts were cooked from the 160 amp alternator charging the house batteries. I replaced it with the C-H 24213 as recommended by the tech gurus on the View forum, worked fine.

Charles

Make sure you get the right type. Mine started on fire after 2 days I installed it. The people at the auto parts store don't know nothing about RV's.

Back
Top Bottom