Some new RVing books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Just noticed this in a Workamper News report - a couple of useful books. One is a compendium of old Trailer Life Towing Ratings, useful to those with older trucks, and the other a guide to potential home base choices.

I have nothing to do with either book or the sale of them - just thought some folks here might be interested in obtaining the information.

Two New Books Hitting the Bookstore Today!

Trailer Life's 10 Year TOWING GUIDE
Retail Price: $14.95  Your Price: $11.95
For model years 1998-2007! For the first time Trailer Life has compiled 10 years of vehicle manufacturers' official ratings into one easy-to-use guide. The ratings include passenger cars, light trucks, vans and sports utility vehicles. The Towing Guide is the only place to find a summarized list of manufacturer's recommendations on the capabilities of towed and towing vehicles. WS-249

Selecting an RV Home Base 2007
Written By: Editors of Trailer Life and MotorHome
Retail Price: $14.95  Your Price: $11.95
If you are thinking about becoming a full-time RVer, or if you have already chosen this exciting lifestyle, this book is a ''must-have'' planning tool. It is designed to help you make the right choice in selecting a state that you can call your home base. From state sales tax, to fishing licenses, to state voting regulations, to state Chamber of Commerce contacts, this valuable information will help you find the most advantageous state for your needs. Includes state residency requirements and guide to Federal and State taxes.  WS-217

To purchase this book go online to:
http://www.workamper.com/bookstore
Or call: 501-362-2637 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT, M ? F

Postage & Handling:
U.S.: FREE Shipping and Handling.
Canada/Mexico and Overseas: $5.00 for each book, (U.S. Funds only.)
Books are shipped by Media Mail

Any idea if the 2007 edition of "The Next Exit" is out?  I heard someone ask for it in Books-a-Million the other day and they said it was not out yet.  I thought I heard a couple of weeks ago that it was.

I've heard this is a worthwhile book to have, but I was waiting for the new edition.

I found it on Amazon last night, ordered it, and they shipped it today.  In fact, they are selling the new 2007 edition for $10+ and the older 2006 edition for $14+.  Go figure.  The newer edition does not have 2007 in the Amazon description, but the picture of the book's cover has 2007 on it plus the description says published in December, 2006.

While we're on the topic of books...

Is the 3 volume series "Ten Minute Tech" put out by Trailer Life worth having?  It's billed as "time & money-saving ideas from fellow RVers."

Since the new America the Beautiful pass came out on January 1st this year, you might also be interested in a new book, RVERS GUIDE TO CORPS OF ENGINEERS CAMPGROUNDS. The book is specifically for RVers...if you're a tent camper, you won't find the information you need in this book. It's for people who want hookups and the spacious sites the Corps offers at their campgrounds. It lists only those campgrounds that honor the 50% discount thru the America the Beautiful pass.The book is at Amazon.com.

Is the 3 volume series "Ten Minute Tech" put out by Trailer Life worth having?  It's billed as "time & money-saving ideas from fellow RVers."

Well, you will probably find a few gems in there, things that apply to your rig or lifestyle and that you might not think of by yourself. Whether that makes it worth the price is hard to say in advance. If you are a gadget person and enjoy crafting little goodies to make things easier, it might well be.

RV Roamer said:
Well, you will probably find a few gems in there, things that apply to your rig or lifestyle and that you might not think of by yourself. Whether that makes it worth the price is hard to say in advance. If you are a gadget person and enjoy crafting little goodies to make things easier, it might well be.

I do like to tinker with things, but that might have to wait for retirement.    :)

Back
Top Bottom