Something is coming loose under 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
Something has been coming loose from underneath our 5th wheel.  DH has been cutting of the sections that start to drag.  He said it looks like plastic covered cardboard.  He doesn't know what it is nor can he see how it's attached.  I think we should get it fixed before winter to discourage critters and for sure before our next big trip. 

Can someone tell me what to look for and I'll crawl under and take a look.  Info on replacing "it" will also be helpful. 

As always, thanks much.

BTW we have a 2013 Keystone High Country Cougar 315 RES

That is the underbelly. It seals in things like your tanks and electric runs to keep critters out, and in the case of your tank area, seals it to keep heat in as there is probably a furnace duct that feeds the area to keep it warm during freezing weather.

It typically is one huge piece covering the entire underbelly, attached with screws at the edges primarily.

As mentioned, it seems to be the underbelly coming off.  I would not cut that off, I would get it mounted back up to the frame.  Now that you have missing pieces underneath, good chance if you travel with it that wind will get under it and rip it off even more, ultimately causing a safety issue for vehicles behind you, and increasing your expenses to fix it.  I would get the fixed as soon as possible, personally I would not travel on the open road with it as it appears to be.  Obviously, we could give better advise if you could take a picture and upload it to the site.  Good Luck !.

We had road damage on our TT that required cutting into the underbelly to fix. The shop cut out one section, repaired the pipes, then added a new section with some kind of tape. It certainly is repairable, but you want to get the right stuff.

Back
Top Bottom