Source for Valve Stems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

On a previous motorhome I had aftermarket valve stems on the rear wheels that were bulletproof and made checking pressure easy.

They were brass and were not extensions, they permanently bolted to the steel wheel and were longer than stock and bent at the right angle to come out of the hole in the wheel.

Does anyone know if these are still available and the contact information? Thanks in advance.

Bill

If you want just the stems, you can buy them on amazon. Search for "commercial brass valve stem" and all kinds pop up.

I'm guessing you want them installed, too, so I'm with utclmjmpr...just go to a heavy truck tire shop. They'll know what to do.

Future responders.

Don't stay away, I still don't have what I need. Rig is a class C, 16" wheels and the manufacturer allowed you to order based on a specific chassis, Ford, etc.

I have not found anything on Amazon but the "screw onto the existing valve stem extension".

This is NOT what I want. Thanks anyway.

You need to brush up on your search technique - I quickly found several metal valve stems on Amazon. Here are a couple.

etrailer.com is another source.

Any NAPA auto parts store will have them or can get overnight. And any commercial-grade tire shop will have them and can probably supply longer ones bent to your specs as well.

This is one source. they are called dually vlaves if you google dually valves you may find other sources. And yes. They are NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one source. they are called dually vlaves if you google dually valves you may find other sources. And yes. They are NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary, I specifically was looking for longer stems that were bent so as to exit the holes in the outer steel wheel. The ones you found don't appear to be that type.

John, your find looks, at first glance, to be what I am after.

A big thank you to both of you.

Since there are many variants of the style and bend needed, the usual approach is a standard valve stem with an extender at the desired length and/or angle. Solid metal extenders at angle from 30-180 degrees are readily available.

As I said earlier, you can get custom made valves at most any commercial truck tire shop. It's the almost the norm there.

You might also like the Crossfire dual valve system.

John, small world.

Your find, Your Tire Shop Supply, was formally Borg Equipment.

That is the company that I bought from for valve stems for my
'92 Bounder when it was new. They have been in business for over 50 years according to their website.

Good job!

Extra long valve stems present an inherent risk of catching on something and breaking.
I carry a 6" stem extension, use it when required, remove it and store it in my toolbox.

Extra long valve stems present an inherent risk of catching on something and breaking.
I carry a 6" stem extension, use it when required, remove it and store it in my toolbox.

While that might be true on the front tires or on your car on Dullys the "Extra long" part is between the tires. what sticks out is basicaly the valve cap and that's shorter than the lug nuts plus the long one they include a "Stablizer" device to protect it against centrifugal fources as well. There is no danger of them catching on anything so long as the wheel Itire and rim) are mounted. only danger is when the wheels are off the RV.

I second this. I just ordered a set, and they are being installed as I type this. I can post a couple of photos later this week if there's interest.

Extra-long valve stems need to be tied down when checking air pressure of adding air. The force you put on the stem can torque the mounting "o-ring" and result in a slow leak.
If you use hose extenders you need to have the outer end firmly tied down or the hose will flop around and eventually flex fail. Here is the outer end of dual tires with TPMS sensors.
Extension hose-3.JPG

One thing I will add to my prior posts
The Outer wheel stems were fine as shipped
The inner wheel ones (The long ones) needed a bit of Adjustment. but that's not a big deal

They sure made it easier to add air as needed.

Back
Top Bottom