Sources of Water in Canada?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailmike

I’m planning to go up to Canada this summer from Southern California. I plan to enter Canada from Montana or Idaho and drive through Alberta, British Columbia, and the Yukon. My ultimate destination is Watson Lake, Yukon. I might even go up to Inuvik. My question is, where can I can get free water in Canada?

Thank you,
Mike

Don’t have the money for RV parks. I can only stay in free places. Water in the US can be gotten at truck stops, some rest stops, and some gas stations among other places.

I think that you may have difficulties with your plan. When we were in Canada last year I wasn't aware of any free camping in Alberta or British Columbia unless you were a resident of the province and you could then use crown land.
I don't think Walmart allow overnight camping in Canada.
I also didn't notice any truck stops similar to what you find in the US where you could stop overnight.
I'm sure that the Canadian members on the forum will soon confirm or correct my observations.

Several of you are making assumptions based on OPs question about where he would get free water. I'd ask the same question if I was intending on boon docking through Canada. FTR, I don't need free water, free campsites or free anything else for that matter. But I would certainly ask if I was planning on similar travel.

Several of you are making assumptions based on OPs question about where he would get free water. I'd ask the same question if I was intending on boon docking through Canada. FTR, I don't need free water, free campsites or free anything else for that matter. But I would certainly ask if I was planning on similar travel.
Don’t have the money for RV parks. I can only stay in free places. Water in the US can be gotten at truck stops, some rest stops, and some gas stations among other places.
No assumptions made.

have stayed overnight at Walmart in North Bay and Sudbury,, but that is well east of your trip.. Also on the ground at Banff and Lake Louise on a motorcycle trip..>>>Dan

Staying anywhere overnight in Banff or Lake Louise will require a park pass.

Sanidump.com will show you where you can get free water and dump. Most Walmarts in Canada allow overnight parking, good idea to ask first though. No need to pay park fees unless you want to visit the par, you can go straight up through the centre of alberta or bc to Watson Lake without passing through any parks.

Sanidump.com will show you where you can get free water and dump. Most Walmarts in Canada allow overnight parking, good idea to ask first though. No need to pay park fees unless you want to visit the par, you can go straight up through the centre of alberta or bc to Watson Lake without passing through any parks.
Thank you for the tip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom