Southern California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debrakh25

Hi, My family and I are looking for some RV Parks in the Southern California area.  Something fun for kids, maybe with a lake or pool.  We already stayed at East Shore RV Park in San Dimas which was very nice, but we are looking for something new!

Thanks, Deb

Debrakh25 said:
Hi, My family and I are looking for some RV Parks in the Southern California area.? Something fun for kids, maybe with a lake or pool.? We already stayed at East Shore RV Park in San Dimas which was very nice, but we are looking for something new!

Deb,
Have you tried Bolsa Chica State Beach? It is in Huntington Beach, CA.  They  often require reservations in summer months but they are right on the ocean.  How long are you?  We have trouble fitting our 40 footer into most of their spots but shorter rigs  would have more selection.

Betty

Growing up, we spent a lot of time at San Clemente State Park and loved it. Good beach access, lovely sunsets. But probably requires reservations this time of year.

Doheny State Beach has an RV park right on the sand, admittedly right under the flight path for LAX.  The area around Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm has a number of commercial parks.  Up in Valencia, there is a large RV park convenient to Magic Mountain Amusement Park.

Southern California is huge area over 200 miles north to south, San Diego thru Los Angeles to Santa Barbara.  There are lake campground but they seem to be in the north end of things near Santa Barbara.  LA is ocean, amusement parks and and tourist sights.  There are CGs up at Big Bear Lake at 8000 feet in the mountains.  San Diego is a real treasure and they have a number of decent parks:  Mission Bay, Chula Vista, the SD KOA, and a few others.

What are you looking for in cities?

We actually live in Southern California and would like to stay local to camp.  But we just dont know of too many campsites in southern California.  We just like to relax and hang out with the kids.  They both like to swim and do activities like that.  We REALLY wanted to stay at Yucaipa Regional Park because its nice and quiet, but they also have an Awesome little water park...But they are booked through November I believe.

Debrakh25 said:
We actually live in Southern California and would like to stay local to camp.? But we just dont know of too many campsites in southern California.?

Hi Deb,

We lived in Cerritos, Huntington Beach, Brea, and Long Beach while we were still working.  If a place is booked, they might have a cancellation so if you could go on a moments notice you might get a sight close by to you.  Where are you?  Do you have the Trailer Life Directory?  It lists all campsites within each city in US and their amenities.
Betty

OK!  With that in mind, my #1 vote is Lake Cachuma about 20 miles north of Santa Barbara on CA-54.  San Marcos pass is a bit steep so hugging 101 thru to Buellton then to Solvang and then CA-54 near Santa Ynez avoids a grind.  Cachuma is a county water district park with about 100 full hooks and 20 or so W&E sites.  Gazillion boondock sites.  Lake is no body contact but lots of boating and good fishing.  Swimming pool.  Woodsy atmosphere.  No reservations but get there on Monday thru Thursday and you should be able to get a spot.

Good fall back is Flying Flags RV Resort in Buellton.  Pool.  Reservations accepted.

I would recommend Lake Casitas but no pool that I remember. and a cockeyed reservation system.

In the winter, Anza Borrego Desert State Park is choice.  I lilke Palm Canyon RV Resort.  Pool.  Restaurant.  The state park has a full hook up trailer CG nearby.  No pool but superb views from a lot of sites.

San Diego has a raft of parks.  I covered them in my first post.

Get a Trailer Life or Woodalls  CG Directory and check the details.

You can't beat Newport Dunes at Newport Beach.  Pool, Store, resturant and lagoon opening to the harbor.  Tough getting reservations.

nowindtoday said:
You can't beat Newport Dunes at Newport Beach. Pool, Store, resturant and lagoon opening to the harbor. Tough getting reservations.

And paying the tab, that is one expensive park.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom