Space Shuttle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

The launch was a beautiful view from our side yard here in West Melbourne, FL.

We are leaving tomorrow morning. A couple of months late this year because of some health problems. I had to have two colonoscopies. All is well.

Judy & Wayne Malone

Karl

We have tried to not miss a launch for many years now. We have lived here since 1967, almost natives. Of course just going to the side yard to see it makes it easy. Years ago we did sometimes try to get closer to the beach, but haven't for a long time. The folks at TGO in Titusville really get a good view.

Wayne/FL

URL  http://www.totouchthestars.com

This is the home page for a CD dedicated to space issues

The opening track,which I believe you can listen to online, is called "Witnessess Waltz"

I have the cd

judway said:
Karl

We have tried to not miss a launch for many years now. We have lived here since 1967, almost natives. Of course just going to the side yard to see it makes it easy. Years ago we did sometimes try to get closer to the beach, but haven't for a long time. The folks at TGO in Titusville really get a good view.

Wayne/FL

Hi Wayne,

Yes, we do have a nice view but it's much better from the Indian River. ;D We missed the launch live since we are in CT at our daughter's but I did tape it. Glad I kept track of when it was due to launch!

I'm sure Steve will be reading this so, yes, I'll have a copy for you. ;D

We watched it on NASA channel and recorded it on TIVO.  Picture perfect journey.  Had to laugh a few days later when they said it went so well they were going to extend the stay by another day.  I told Daisy at the time - its a lie - something is wrong.  If all is good and things are on schedule - you don't extend.  Sure enough - there was several repair jobs on the shuttle to be done.

Good flight though - I am 100% space exploration [as well as stem cell research]

Im so envious! I live down the hill from where the shuttles land in So Cal. I saw a shuttle landing once a long time ago at Edwards AFB. It was pretty neat.

Halo said:
Im so envious! I live down the hill from where the shuttles land in So Cal. I saw a shuttle landing once a long time ago at Edwards AFB. It was pretty neat.

You were lucky to see it!! By the time we hear the double boom in Titusville, the shuttle is pretty much on the ground. :)

Jim Dick said:
You were lucky to see it!! By the time we hear the double boom in Titusville, the shuttle is pretty much on the ground. :)

The landing I saw, sadly enough, was the last safe landing the Challenger Shuttle had before it exploded.

Toasty said:
The landing I saw, sadly enough, was the last safe landing the Challenger Shuttle had before it exploded.

That was a real tragedy. I think with all the space program has accomplished we have been extremely fortunate to have had only three real tragedies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom